Newbie Question - AustinBuddy packs explanation?

RockHopper

Fellow Fractalites...

Proud new owner of a mk2 FX3, my first FAS but not my first modeler, and have decided to take the recommendation to purchase an AustinBuddy pack.

Likely an obvious or stupid question but... can someone give me the quick and dirty as to what the difference between the Naked Amps and Live Gold packs are?

Need to buy both? One or the other? What's the consensus?

Thanks!

the Live Gold presets are more recently conceived by Buddy , and are all structured on a clean-to-mean scene setup designed for optimal live loud use, and the Naked Amps are his original vision of a full representation of every amp paired with its optimal factory IR ...both leave plenty of room for your own FX block prefs, and both are excellent and worth having, especially now that there’s enough room for them for you (jealous I am!)

Hi @RockHopper:

I'd say buy the LiveGold. It more current and structured a little better to work with FC foot controllers, and the amp boost CS2 and saturation drive CS5 options for foot controllers are dialed in on it.

Plus with it you get BOTH the FM3 and Axe-Fx III versions in one swoop. (There is no Naked Amps for FM3 because I need to have two amp blocks to do that, and the Fm3 only gives you one).

My video tutorial talks a little about the differences between 1000+ LiveGold, 1400+ Naked Amps, and Dream Rigs (for older legacy Fractal products like AX8) in the beginning - go to the 2:20 video mark and I explain it...

Enjoy!

Fellow Fractalites...

Proud new owner of a mk2 FX3, my first FAS but not my first modeler, and have decided to take the recommendation to purchase an AustinBuddy pack.

Likely an obvious or stupid question but... can someone give me the quick and dirty as to what the difference between the Naked Amps and Live Gold packs are?

Need to buy both? One or the other? What's the consensus?

Thanks!

RockHopper. I'm the owner of both the naked amps and the live gold package. The live gold is a bit different from the naked amps as it is aimed towards those who play live, BUT these presets also work out very well for recording sessions.
But.....be aware...this is not a turnkey solution (like every preset on the shelf out there). You still need to tweak everything to your personal likings, but it sure will save you many hours of trial and error as the most time consuming parts already have been done for you. You just have to add the icing to the cake :)

Rock on...cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom