Newbie Here

Welcome to the party. I hope you've made peace with the fact that you'll get little to no sleep for a while.

Also, Google is your friend. Almost any question you'll have for a while will most likely have already been answered.

Read the manual cover to cover and enjoy!

Welcome aboard for the journey of a lifetime-As dpavel stated..........the Wiki is an amazing tool-just so much info and how to.

Welcome. I've only had mine for about a month, but I'm pretty much addicted to it. Get ready for an experience.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Welcome! You'll find you're in a great community, and many of us have had similar experiences learning to get the most out of the AxeFX for our individual applications.The WIKI is a great resource as well.

Using the AxeFX is a joy. It also takes a little adjustment, and in order to ramp up smoothly on the platform, consider a few recommendations:

(1) Don't attempt to start from scratch. Make use of the presets as a starting point. Find tones that are "in the ballpark" for you, and tweak them. Use these as your initial user presets as you become familiar with the AxeFX.
(2) Each session when you are practicing / programming with the AxeFX, spend a little time experimenting with alternate amps and cabs. Take those initial presets you stored for your own use, and see how they sound with different amp heads / cabs. Switch out the mics. Most of us are pretty familiar with effects, but also experiment with them as well.
(3) Make sure you explore options for parallel processing. Split your signal path to two amps, and use separate effect chains on them. Mix them together at the end of the signal path.
(4) Every so often, spend time trying to build a preset completely from scratch. At first it'll be daunting. Once you've done it a few times, you'll start to get a sense of which amps / combos and signal routing is most favorable for you. Compare that with the signal routing in the presets, too. The signal path design is a big part of your preset, so leverage the great sounds that are provided in each new update.
(5) When working with in-ears, stereo is your friend. A mono feed may not give you any sense of spatialization, and some users actually get dizzy / nauseous from a mono in-ear feed. Remember : the stereo soundfield won't move when you move your head around, and you may take some time getting accustomed to it. I always recommend practicing the way you'll play : stand up, use your same rig, and same feeds.

Enjoy the ride! I *love* my AxeFX. I tour and record with the AxeFX as my complete platform, and I have never been happier with any piece of equipment.

Welcome aboard.

It sounds great out of the box. Once you spend time with it, and learn some things, it sounds freakin amazeballs.
Out of curiosity, Are you going strictly IEM? So, no wedges or cabs on stage?

I set out to do that, but just don't like it. I'm still trying, but love my CLR's blasting at me, giving me all that juicy feedback.

Hi spanny and welcome. I might add that once you learn how to save a preset, save it with the . Or - "fac" (on the end) name. So if you get lost wile tweaking, u can just load back that un tweeted preset and start again.

Welcome Spanny!

Pauly

Hey everyone, just purchased an Axe FX II last night since my band is making the switch to in ears. Look forward to joining in on plenty of discussions with you all once I start messing around with this thing!

Welcome Spanny!

If I can give one word of advice, DON'T take the plastic sheet off the front display, you lose the harmonic overtones out of the screen if it's off....

It sounds great out of the box. Once you spend time with it, and learn some things, it sounds freakin amazeballs.
Out of curiosity, Are you going strictly IEM? So, no wedges or cabs on stage?

I set out to do that, but just don't like it. I'm still trying, but love my CLR's blasting at me, giving me all that juicy feedback.

I'm thinking of picking up a power amp to run a cab behind me, so I can still interact with it a bit. What will be nice, I can turn up or down without a problem depending on the gig but wont effect my in ears. I've always wanted one, if nothing else to screw around with at home, but with the switch, decided now would be a good time.

Back
Top Bottom