Newbie here. Help.

Bill Wendt

I just got my first Fractal, an AX8, and I futzed around with Crystal Echoes but now it doesn't "shimmer" as well. Any way I can reset it to factory specs?

Thanks!

Bill

I'm not an AX8 owner .... but if the same happened on an Axe-FX I'd probably use Axe-Edit (or in your case Ax8-Edit)

This method assumes AX8-Edit has a 'Axe-Manage Presets' option in it's 'Tools' menu with all the same functions as Axe-Edit has with an Axe-Fx.

Download the current AX8 factory presets from the Fractal website (Support/Downloads/AX8) and decompress the zip file so you have a normal folder

Use Ax8-Edit in 'Manage Presets' mode and you should be able to use it's 'Browser' and select the 'Open directory' option and navigate to the downloaded factory presets folder. The Browser will then scan all the folder content for any compatible syx files and show all the presets they contain. Find your original factory preset in the left list and drag it over to overwrite the corresponding preset name or number on your AX8 list - then save.

The original factory preset and settings should be back.

If you just want to reset everything (all Banks and Presets) back to factory new then just use Fractal-Bot and select the downloaded factory .syx file and it will give you options on what to restore - pick what you want to do then send it to the AX8.

I repeat I'm not an AX8 owner and am only assuming AX8-Edit/Fractal-Bot do the same preset management functions as Axe-Edit/Fractal-Bot do with my Axe-Fx

Back
Top Bottom