Newbie - behringer controller on order with eurekaprom chip

MikeEmery

Just picked up a used Axe Fx ii and love it. For a "working amateur" like me this is heaven. I had a G System for awhile which is a fine unit but trying to get everything working together was not worth it so went back years ago to small tube amp and a few pedals. With the Axe I was having a blast after watching two youtube tutorials and plugging into a high-quality powered PA speaker I had laying around.

Anyway, for controller...After reading the threads I decided to go with the Behringer controller with chip. I like the footprint and integrated pedals and don't expect to be doing that much crazy stuff (for at least awhile).

I expect I'll be using the combo setting with the bottom five switches acting as stomps and the top five selecting pre-sets. Probably use the pedals for wah and volume.

My question: are the five pre-sets all that will be available or will I be able to switch, with up and down, to banks of 5? That would be cool and maybe what I was assuming.

A fine selection of boutique and handwired amps going up on craiglist and eBay in the coming weeks :) Keeping two faves just 'cuz.

Thank you, Mike

[QUOTE="...My question: are the five pre-sets all that will be available or will I be able to switch, with up and down, to banks of 5? ...

[/QUOTE]

The unit itself will allow you to access all 768 presets in the preset mode, but it sounds like you want to access 5 presets and 5 stomps in the EF (Effects) mode. In the EF mode, you assign each of the switches to a set cc# that is the same for all presets. There are no cc#s for individual presets, and even if there were, you would have to pick 5 and stick with those. It is not that difficult to switch between EF and Preset modes (hit pedal up to enter preset mode, select the new preset, then hit pedal down to get back to EF mode). An alternative would be to use a separate footswitch like to Boss FS-6 or FS7 plugged into the pedal jack on the AXE-Fx and assign it to preset up/down. That way, you could set up 10 stomps and be able to switch those on and off and scroll up and down through presets while staying in EF mode.

Dave. I think the question was about EP mode.

Ahh. I don't use EP mode and I think it is only available in the 1 midi cable configuration, which doesn't allow effects state to show up. Yes, you could have 5 favorite presets and 5 stomps in EP mode. You are stuck with the same 5 presets though, unless you have time to stop for several minutes to manually re-program the favorite presets from time to time.

Yep. I don't use EP mode either. That is partly how I like to use the FCB and partly cuz both MIDI IN/OUT are hard-wired in a single UTP connection to the Axe for power & MIDI mod. Kinda makes EP mode moot.

To the OP, after using the FCB for quite a while and being a "Scenes guy", I find myself toggling back and forth between FP & PR mode most. All effects changes are in Scenes. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom