AFIII New Zexcoil Humbuckers

Sounds great, and so does your playing, as always!

If it was me, I'd wire the mode switches separately for the the two pickups, so you'd have 9 2-pickup combinations, plus 3 settings each for bridge and neck alone.

At about $200 each, that's expensive though :)-(.

Sounds great, and so does your playing, as always!

If it was me, I'd wire the mode switches separately for the the two pickups, so you'd have 9 2-pickup combinations, plus 3 settings each for bridge and neck alone.

At about $200 each, that's expensive though :)-(.
Thanks bro!!!! Great idea. I'm honestly really digging these. May put another guitar together with another set of these, so that's a great option. Maybe an HSH

This is like what Johnny Greenwood did with two lace single coils to roll your own humbucker, but they're both switchable to use everything, this is fantastic. It's like the PRS 513 but without the stupid middle one to get in the way of the pick

I've been thinking of getting some Lawing pickups, but for the Tribuckers, I've wondered about the wiring. Do you think they'd work well with Seymour Duncan Triple Shot switches (e.g., the switches are built into the pickup mounting ring)? That sort of system would make it easy to do things like combine the top neck single-coil with the bottom bridge single-coil, as well as a ton of other combos. [And sorry for the late reply/question, took me a while to notice that this excellent video was here!]

I've been thinking of getting some Lawing pickups, but for the Tribuckers, I've wondered about the wiring. Do you think they'd work well with Seymour Duncan Triple Shot switches (e.g., the switches are built into the pickup mounting ring)? That sort of system would make it easy to do things like combine the top neck single-coil with the bottom bridge single-coil, as well as a ton of other combos. [And sorry for the late reply/question, took me a while to notice that this excellent video was here!]
After this, I had another strat made with HSH, and put the tribuckers along with the single in the middle. Love it!!!!! Scott Lawing is super approachable and cool, feel free to hit him up. About what you're asking, I don't know about Symour Duncan switches. With this setup I can only combine top neck with top bridge, or bottom neck with bottom bridge. But I can't do top one and bottom the other

I emailed Scott, and not only should the TripleShots work, he sent me a nice wiring diagram. Should get me Series/Parallel/NorthCoil/SouthCoil combos in each pickup. Now all I have to do is decide which TriBuckers to get, and which of my guitars to put 'em in. Or whether I want to get yet another guitar (ooh, temptation!) for this project :) Thanks for the suggestion!

I emailed Scott, and not only should the TripleShots work, he sent me a nice wiring diagram. Should get me Series/Parallel/NorthCoil/SouthCoil combos in each pickup. Now all I have to do is decide which TriBuckers to get, and which of my guitars to put 'em in. Or whether I want to get yet another guitar (ooh, temptation!) for this project :) Thanks for the suggestion!
You got it. He's such a nice guy, and very knowledgeable!

I wonder if they can be configured to get the E, A, and D strings from one side of the pickup and the G, B, and E strings from the other as an alternate split-coil arrangement that would sort-of approximate the angle if a Strat or Tele bridge pickup....

Back
Top Bottom