New XLR FASlink connection

claxor

Power User
Hey,

I'm having a rack panel made, and I need to know what type of XLR connection for the new MFC protocol should be installed on the rack panel? XLR male or female?

Thanks!

like this one?

mfc101mkiii.jpg

Standard cable that everyone carries already, so it's easy to find when you forget your cable, or when that cable breaks. Easy to make custom cables or to fix a cable. Also mic cables tend to lie flat and are usually more resistant to abuse.

So what would the advantage of the XLR be over the ethercon?

Cliff mentioned ( and I agree) the ethercon jacks are hard to come by, the ethernet/cat 5 cables break the jacks off easily, and are also harder to find at a gig if one goes bad, whereas the XLR cables are readily found
at a gig...

Guys,

Back to my question: on the Axefx side, what type of XLR connector is on the FASlink adapter? XLR male or female?

Guys,

Back to my question: on the Axefx side, what type of XLR connector is on the FASlink adapter? XLR male or female?

As the MFC end of the cable is a female to attach to the male jack on the MFC, the other end will need to be female on the rack panel.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit late with any info. What does the new XLR FASlink connection mean? Will they also change the connector at the back of the AFX2 to an XLR instead of ethercons? does that also mean we can use CAE's RST midi controller? they use XLRs for midi data transmission. thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom