New XL+ user

RAdkins

Purchased my first Fractal product the other day from another forum member. I just got done updating to the latest firmware and loaded the factory presets. So, I am back to stock and ready to explorer the fractal universe. This will be a running review as I get to know this incredible black box.

Hi RADkins! I would like to hear about your journey with the Axe so far? .. Im a new user myself, and love it so far... actually more and more :) do you have any "beginners should have known this" tips for me?

Hi @madselhoff, I am a home only player, so take my experience with a grain of salt.

I have been watching the evolution of the axefx since the beginning. Watching videos and reading various forum posts about others experiences. I would say the best tip I have used is just keeping an open mind and research as much as possible. Try to build on the path that has been already laid by far more experienced players. So, in that case, I do watch a ton of videos and tweak others presets. Moke has a great series of videos that explains how to setup a preset, Leon Todd has a great channel with great tones, but Mark Day is the one who really got me wanting an axefx with his killer 80’s guitar tones. There are tons of other great YouTube channels that i didn’t mention that have been indispensable in my journey. The great thing about the Axefx is blocks are mostly the same between the different units. So you should be able to watch any videos from the past and apply them to your specific device. I love computers, so my primary way of editing is the computer editor. It just speeds up the preset process.

Since, I am a web developer my best tool is my Google Fu. Someone has probably already had the issue you are experiencing. It’s just a matter of rephrasing how you are searching for the solution. I would say that’s the number one tool that everyone should improve on in this day and age.

Not sure how much that will help ya, as you are probably already aware of most of what I have said since you own an Axefx.

-ryan

Last edited:
That is a great advice :) I´ll check those videos out for sure! Like you, I use the Axe Edit 99,9% of the time, and it makes me tweak a lot (love it) without being afraid to get lost in the frontpanel...not sure if I could live without Axe Edit. So I´ll just dive right in and get a feel of this thing... here we go :)

Back
Top Bottom