New Xitone owner - any tips ?

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Hey there - I just got a Xitone passive wedge - up to this point I have been using a regular Port City 2x12 cab with EV12L's which has always sounded great with Matrix FX1000. But I have always wanted to try the FRFR thing and have heard great things about the Xitones. So far it sounds great - I have found though that I'm hitting the low cut button on most of my patches and increasing the highs a lot. Any other tweaks that current Xitone owners do on every patch, or most patches to bring out the best in the cabinet? Thanks !

I assume you've added a Cab block and enabled Cabinet Modeling?

If you were already doing that with the non-FRFR speakers then you've dialed in your sounds on guitar speakers playing modeled speakers and mic.

I've been using Xitone passive wedges since about 2014 and they work great for me. They pretty much out out what you put in.

Do yours have any switches? Some have a high-pad switch to drop the highs by a few dBs.

I assume you've added a Cab block and enabled Cabinet Modeling?

If you were already doing that with the non-FRFR speakers then you've dialed in your sounds on guitar speakers playing modeled speakers and mic.

I've been using Xitone passive wedges since about 2014 and they work great for me. They pretty much out out what you put in.

Do yours have any switches? Some have a high-pad switch to drop the highs by a few dBs.

Yep - I am now running two signal chains for each side of the Matrix - one with cab on to go xitone - the other with cab off that goes to real cab.
Yes - it has a FRFR bypass switch, and a -3db switch. I have been experimenting with xitone only, real cab only, and both on at the same time. I have to say - both at the same time is pretty awesome, and really f'ing loud. I have been able to spend a lot of time with it today and I am really impressed with it so far. I thought the whole cab selection process would be a pain, but its not so bad and definitely adds to the tone. Like I said, it seems like I'm making low cuts more often than not and adding highs a lot.

Back
Top Bottom