New Xitone Cabs

jrh_67

Inspired
My two new Xitone cabs just delivered from Fed Ex! "Thanks Mick"

Haven't had a chance to try them yet because I'm still at work but they look good sitting on my workbench....lol.

build quality looks excellent and the line x coating looks like it will take the many years of use I plan on putting them through

Ordered them with the frfr and 3db pad switch so they both have two switches on the side but I'm not sure yet which one is which. I'm hoping it will become painfully obvious when I plug them in...lol.

I'll let you know how they sound as soon as I get a chance to crank them..

20150324_120858_resized.jpg

My two new Xitone cabs just delivered from Fed Ex! "Thanks Mick"

Haven't had a chance to try them yet because I'm still at work but they look good sitting on my workbench....lol.

build quality looks excellent and the line x coating looks like it will take the many years of use I plan on putting them through

Ordered them with the frfr and 3db pad switch so they both have two switches on the side but I'm not sure yet which one is which. I'm hoping it will become painfully obvious when I plug them in...lol.

I'll let you know how they sound as soon as I get a chance to crank them..

You are very welcome!

The switch closest to the jack is the FRFR Bypass and the other is the 3db lift.

Both switches up is FRFR.

As for cranking them... I actually recommend you go through the following break-in procedure....

Start by placing 1 wedge at a time square to a wall and approx. 4'-6' away.

Start with pure sine wave input and turn them up to just above a whisper and let that go for 7 hours or so... 8 is better.

Then increase in 3db increments at 4 hours each until you get to 101.4db overall loudness.

If you have to use a closet that is OK but in the open is better to increase air circulation.

Once you have reached 101.4db then you want to increase the level 1.5db at a time until you get to 114.9db and keep each level for 2-3 hours. If you can do 4 hours each level even better.

Once you have gotten to 114.9 then you are halfway done!!!!!

Turn the cabinet 90 degrees so that it is perpendicular to where it was originally sitting and start at the whisper stage and repeat all the steps again. This will help with phase conjugation and will also acclimate the other set of walls so that reflections are properly accounted for.

OK OK OK.. I'm joking!!!!!!!!

Crank them puppies! I done broke them in for ya!!!!!

oh.. and your workbench is way too clean!!!!! You need some assorted nuts and bolts and some saw dust lying around on it.... oh wait... that's my workbench... never mind.... :)

Last edited:
PS... I was just having a little fun with the break-in stuff... if you purchase a speaker cab and a break-in process is recommended, please follow the manufacturers procedure.

Last edited:
@ Mick LOL I was about to say.... Man I wonder how much better mine will sound after its broken in and I've had my Xitone for a year and a half I believe. lol

You are very welcome!

The switch closest to the jack is the FRFR Bypass and the other is the 3db lift.

Both switches up is FRFR.

As for cranking them... I actually recommend you go through the following break-in procedure....

Start by placing 1 wedge at a time square to a wall and approx. 4'-6' away.

Start with pure sine wave input and turn them up to just above a whisper and let that go for 7 hours or so... 8 is better.

Then increase in 3db increments at 4 hours each until you get to 101.4db overall loudness.

If you have to use a closet that is OK but in the open is better to increase air circulation.

Once you have reached 101.4db then you want to increase the level 1.5db at a time until you get to 114.9db and keep each level for 2-3 hours. If you can do 4 hours each level even better.

Once you have gotten to 114.9 then you are halfway done!!!!!

Turn the cabinet 90 degrees so that it is perpendicular to where it was originally sitting and start at the whisper stage and repeat all the steps again. This will help with phase conjugation and will also acclimate the other set of walls so that reflections are properly accounted for.

OK OK OK.. I'm joking!!!!!!!!

Crank them puppies! I done broke them in for ya!!!!!

oh.. and your workbench is way too clean!!!!! You need some assorted nuts and bolts and some saw dust lying around on it.... oh wait... that's my workbench... never mind.... :)

lol....

I just have to ask....

what is the reason for the one silver screw?

lol....

I just have to ask....

what is the reason for the one silver screw?

If ya think about it.... that screw is doing the same amount of work and serves the same function as every other screw in the cab, it just looks different.

Every time I install one of those it serves as a reminder to me that I should treat others as I'd want to be treated because we are all different on the outside but have the same feelings on the inside.

Course.. that is the public reason.... :D

Just wanted to update and say I have been using them a few weeks now and have run them through the paces so to speak....

The result....

They are fantastic! Great clarity and nice and tight sounding even at gig volume.
My patches from my studio monitors translate well.
They even sound pretty good with the frfr turned off used as a more traditional guitar cab!
Did I mention these things are LOUD...lol.

In my opinion these cabinets are worth every penny spent and if you're looking for some frfr speakers you can't go wrong with Xitone..

Thanks mick!

aaaaahhhh... so you're one of those 'straight to the point' guys! I like it!!!!!

In that case, I hope you printed the protocol and then burned it! :) ....or taped it to the grill to watch it flap in the wind!

Mick...

all kidding aside, these things are surprisingly loud.
I heard stuff rattling around in the room and picture fell off the wall in the next room when I was "Testing" them...
I'm not going to repeat what my wife said when she came running into the room but we've been married for 25 years and she knows me by now...lol

The strange thing is I wasn't even pushing them hard yet..
Like I mentioned in the other thread...... These things just walk all over my 2x12 guitar cabinet..

Congrats! Looks like a great setup :)

I ordered a pair of the Xitones from Mick mid-March, very stoked to receive them and try them out. I'm using a pair of Tech 21 Power Engines in the interim, so I'm excited to hear the difference based on what I've read with all the great Xitone reviews.

Just noticed the lone silver screw on my 1x12 a couple of days ago and wondered about it as well. At first I thought of replacing it with a matching black one but then thought.....nah. It's good like it is.

Back
Top Bottom