New Winery Dogs Video

A very interesting individual. I was lucky enough to interview him a few years ago at BB Kings. The question/answer that surprised me the most was how many hours a day he practiced. He goes weeks at a time without playing at all sometimes. You’d think to keep those chops all he does is plays guitar all day.
His wife and sister are super cool, too. Great folks.

edit just to share, I’ve played in front of a lot of people and played with a few big names. Not to brag because none of that matters to me but to put into perspective: interviewing RK one on one for a half hour may have been one of the most nerve wracking things I’ve ever done in my life. I’ve just always loved his playing and as a teen kind of grew up on it from back in the shrapnel days. He sat down at a table with me for about a half hour and I didn’t have a guitar or anything to hide behind 😂 it was really just otherworldly and I’m not often star struck or anything like that. In case anyone’s interested: https://musicplayers.com/2017/06/richie-kotzen-call-just-shredder-injustice/

Last edited:
Better question, why WOULDNT they??
I know it's not your era! :D :D :D I just found it an odd title choice is all. All KILLER players! I kind of go back and forth with Kotzen's voice and the music he sings over. Like he's more soulful than the music he is singing on top of. Nitpicking (duh) because the skill is obviously off the charts!

I know it's not your era! :D :D :D I just found it an odd title choice is all. All KILLER players! I kind of go back and forth with Kotzen's voice and the music he sings over. Like he's more soulful than the music he is singing on top of. Nitpicking (duh) because the skill is obviously off the charts!
If you haven’t heard him cover Sarah Smile, check it out on YouTube. Perfect voice for it.

Billy would drive me nuts to play in a band with I think. Maybe not if the music was built for that, which it'd have to be to make any sense. Off the charts great at what he does, wish I had his right hand, but man he just goes and goes and goes.

Back
Top Bottom