New well recorded Dumble ODS tone sample

Man does this sound good :)

I think it's rare to find real well recorded Dumble tones by themselves (not in a mix)

This one sounds just stellar. Does anyone have a preset (with a factory cab) that sounds like this?

(Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I am uncertain, where this belongs)

I don't get the allure of the infamous Dumble. It's sounds like a nice Fender, Carr or Fuchs amp, to me. When reamping DI tracks, I've never settled on the Dumble in the Axe-FX. I usually end up with, for clean tones, some type of Fender model. But, you know how the saying goes, "Tone is subjective." :)

I agree that it doesnt sound phenomenal, but for me the dumble has always been about the way it feels to play. if it was a choice between that and an identical sounding fender im taking the dumble because it feels...idk just better to play haha

I agree that it doesnt sound phenomenal, but for me the dumble has always been about the way it feels to play. if it was a choice between that and an identical sounding fender im taking the dumble because it feels...idk just better to play haha
I've never had the opportunity to play through a Dumble. So, I can understand the logic behind why you would prefer it over a Fender. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to try one out.

A Dumble just feels lively in your hands.

That liveliness reveals the nuances (and flaws) in your playing. That's why dynamic, nuanced players like them so much. Subtle differences in picking and fretting really stand out.

Dumble players tend to be light pickers, because that gets you down into the middle of the amp's huge dynamic range. If you're banging out power chords or chugs, any decent amp will do. But when you pick lightly, and only hit hard to make a point, you can make the amp do all kinds of tricks, and you start to appreciate its Lamborghini-like response to the throttle, steering wheel and brakes.

That liveliness reveals the nuances (and flaws) in your playing. That's why dynamic, nuanced players like them so much. Subtle differences in picking and fretting really stand out.

Dumble players tend to be light pickers, because that gets you down into the middle of the amp's huge dynamic range. If you're banging out power chords or chugs, any decent amp will do. But when you pick lightly, and only hit hard to make a point, you can make the amp do all kinds of tricks, and you start to appreciate its Lamborghini-like response to the throttle, steering wheel and brakes.
I used to own a Fuchs Lucky 7 combo amp that behaved the same exact way that you're describing. That was a great little amp.

His tone is really amazing... I had to take a stab at it, so here's my little attempt (Bludojai LD1 model + factory cabs):

His tone is a bit tighter in the bass range and the gain is a lot crisper. A lot of that crispness has to do with the semi-hollow Gibson ES-335. Once he grabs that Baker guitar, the tone seems to lose a great deal of that crispness. I've played my clip with a Gibson SG, so it definitely doesn't have that semi-hollow mojo going on.

Back
Top Bottom