New Voes FC's

Anthony76

Inspired
New Voes FC's 18 and 12 buttons, two layers, great price, no osx editor support. The 18 is smaller than the new Fractal Fc12, although they are very different beast. Tossing up my needs now between these and the new Fractal Fc's

MX-18
MX-12

Cheers
Ant

Look great, and probably work great; the previous versions did. I personnally preferred the MC10 layout that I could easily insert in my small pedalboard and a "gig bag" . 43cm wide is way too large for me and don't need all these buttons, even if sometimes it's practical to have more.

Emailed several weeks ago about purchasing and have gotten zero responses back....

Not sure if he’s flooded with purchases or what, but I found it surprising I wasn’t getting a response.

At this point, I might just get my FC invite and go that route.... the mx-12 looks like good bang for the buck however

Emailed several weeks ago about purchasing and have gotten zero responses back....

Not sure if he’s flooded with purchases or what, but I found it surprising I wasn’t getting a response.

At this point, I might just get my FC invite and go that route.... the mx-12 looks like good bang for the buck however
Tagging @voes for you. Maybe it got lost or spam filtered?

@lqdsnddist I didn't receive your mail. Please PM me.

@lqdsnddist I didn't receive your mail. Please PM me.

Will do, I tried a couple times via your website. There was an option to contact if you’d like more information, and then one if you’d like to purchase, and I selected the purchase option each time. Checked all my spam folders and such as well.

I found it surprising because I know you’ve always responded promptly and in great detail to any past inquiries. Thought maybe your system was overloaded with incoming messages or soemthing.

My review of the Voes MX 12

I am likely the least qualified to review a “High Tech” product like the new Voes MX12. I’ve been playing the guitar for 53 years and still remember spending a night on a cold Denver, Colorado street to be certain I got one of the first IBM personal computers released. Most of the guys reading this don’t know what a “C” prompt is. I remember taking my computer back because I thought it didn’t work, I didn’t know that you had to buy ”software” too.

My point is, for a guy who grew up without effects at a time when tube amps were the only kind of amp sold and when the acronym MIDI was in no ones vocabulary, it does seem odd to review a product like this.

When I purchased the MX 12 I mentioned to Patrick Voes that I wasn’t interested in learning to program. Patrick assured me that all I’d have to do is press nunbers 1 through 5 to change presets and 1 through 5 on the bottom row to change scenes. The far right buttons change banks up and down.. All I had to do was follow one simple instruction line to setup my my Fracrtal FX III to make it ready. Two MIDI cables go to the in/out to the V Box along with a 9 volt power cable and a R45 cable to the foot board is all that’s required to complete the setup.

I moved my favorite presets to 1 through 10 in my Axe and left everything else the same. I feel like I’ve known all this stuff for years. All those years of wishing for a way to change amp settings in the middle of a song are over. I have prided myself on owning the best equipment like Collings Guitars and the Fractal Audio device, the Voes MX 12 fits right in. I am absolutely delighted with my purchase and once again want to thank Patrick.

I would bet this’s thing does a lot more than what I’ve talked about, if you are like me, or want to be like me, give this a shot, you will be glad you did, I promise.

New Voes FC's 18 and 12 buttons, two layers, great price, no osx editor support. The 18 is smaller than the new Fractal Fc12, although they are very different beast. Tossing up my needs now between these and the new Fractal Fc's

MX-18
MX-12

Cheers
Ant
I got it and works perfectly on my Mac, just had to use Paralles with it. Although, if you look at my review below you might find you don’t even need to worry about it.

Hi all, just got my III and looking for options to replace my MFC101 mk III..

The Voes FC look really interesting for the price.

So those that already have one - any specific feedback? What is the main compromise one is making vs the FC12?

I gather the text strips and having only 1 cable providing power and 2-way trafic? Anything else?

Thx!

I just ordered the MX-18. We shall see. It does provide 2-way traffic between the Axe 3. With 18 switches I may get everything on one page?

I just ordered the MX-18. We shall see. It does provide 2-way traffic between the Axe 3. With 18 switches I may get everything on one page?
I've got one on the way right now. Looks like with the press and hold layer options, it's very possible to get everything on one page. Looking forward to using it.

I was looking at the MX18 for my AxeFX3 because I thought I wanted more options, bought a discontinued MC10 mk2 to see how I liked their stuff, and am finding the MC10, with just 10 switches and 2 controller pedal jacks, does pretty much everything I need. 8 scenes, preset up and down, hold preset down to enable wah (if it's not on in a scene), hold preset up for tuner (which displays on the Voes pedal's LCD). I'll eventually buy an 18 for a few more options, though. For what you're asking, the 12 should do all you mentioned and still have room left over. These are well thought out, cheaper and smaller than the FCs. I'd recommend getting the VBox as well with it. it will power and send and receive data over a single cheap ethernet cable. That will save you running 2 midi cables (to and from the MX) and having to have a power supply on stage.

I have used a MX12 for the past year and had no problems at all. Patrick is always brilliant if I have any queries and my only gripe with the unit is that the actual footswitches require a very firm 'click' which I sometimes miss in going for a quick change. I also find this makes allocating one of the switches to tap tempo pretty impossible (unless you are playing slow and 'click tempo' is viable). Personally, I would prefer 'softer' switches (as on some of the EHX units) and Patrick has said that he will consider this in the future. Otherwise, a really cost efficient solution

Back
Top Bottom