New Vintage Audio IRs

Checked out the site and looked at the Mesa Traditional. The description says the captures were done with a 2:90 power amp, so my initial thoughts would be it is probably not ideal for the Axe with the power section already modeled in the Amp block.

"...these IRs are captured with the monstrous Mesa 2:90 Simul Class power amp..."

Checked out the site and looked at the Mesa Traditional. The description says the captures were done with a 2:90 power amp, so my initial thoughts would be it is probably not ideal for the Axe with the power section already modeled in the Amp block.

"...these IRs are captured with the monstrous Mesa 2:90 Simul Class power amp..."
I don't understand. How do you make an IR of a cab without it being powered by an amp?

Most IR makers use an a transparent power amp so the tone is as close to only being the cabinet being captured as possible. I'm sure someone like @York Audio can explain this a whole lot better.

I see these irs advertised on facebook. Has anyone tried their ir packs yet? Just curious if they're worth buying. link to the website https://www.newvintageaudio.com
They had a free pack of a Vox 2x12. I gave it a try and was not impressed. You’re much better off with @York Audio, @dr bonkers, Ownhammer, or Valhallir. And don’t discount the factory cabs; there are a lot of great IRs in there.

Back
Top Bottom