new video/music of a Paramore tune with my Ultra

Paul,

Great work; seriously spot on. In the description on YouTube you say that everything ran through an Xotic "EP" booster, what sort of settings did you use?

Killer playing; loved the tones.

Vocals way too wet / spacey for me, but all other aspects A OK for me! :cool:
Reminds me how I love this song, so still gave it 5 stars :)

I still have a 20/20 I use 2 times a year. Did you do the Deep Mod? (I'm considering it)

Thanks everyone!

Scott, as for exact settings I'm not sure (I'd have to go look) but the distorted tones were from a patch called "Tool" which I believe was in an archive put online some time ago. I backed off of the drive on both of the amps and let the EP booster push it a bit and give it a "bigger" overall sound. That combination just sounded good together. I love the Axe, but I'm not much of a tweaker, so I enjoy using patches others have come up with and slightly modifying them to work with the guitar I'm using.

paul

Nice job man! The clean part was pretty much spot on. Paramore was using a tele so you can't get that tone out of a JP but you got pretty close. The overdriven tone was pretty Petrucci-esque but that's not bad thing. As for the mix... well Paramore has a HUGE kick and snare sound and that's pretty hard to get without triggering. And the vocalist could've had more power in the tone. Overall rating would be 9/10 but who's counting.

PS. I secretly like Paramore :?

Cool to see you're a fellow AxeFX user, Paul! Nice stuff; hope things have been well.

As trendy as Paramore may be, the production and guitars on Paramore's 'All we know is falling...' sound HUGE. And Hayley Williams can not only sing, but she's nice to look at too. :D

Back
Top Bottom