New video for the new METALLICA MKIIC++ amp model in Q3.03! YEAAHHH

I think it's pretty brutal! Hey Jon I panned the OH 412 MES-ST v60 JS4 to the left and v60 prog-02 to the right with 0.030ms delay time. Sweet baby jesus :D That reverb trick is plain awesome

I think it's pretty brutal! Hey Jon I panned the OH 412 MES-ST v60 JS4 to the left and v60 prog-02 to the right with 0.030ms delay time. Sweet baby jesus :D That reverb trick is plain awesome
Awesome!
With 'reverb trick' do you mean that short delay?
It's a great trick.
@Danny Danzi posted a cool video about that recently (the haas effect).
It's worth while checking out too.

Wow awesome.
I put in jones settings and used a Mesa cab with a 57 and 421 baked in. Sound nice and crunchy. Just need to get a little more attack and sustain.
My new favourite amp.

Yes folks, you read that right!
There is a new firmware coming soon and it features a new amp from and for Metallica.
It's the new USA IIC++ amp model.

At this point it isn't clear what this amp model is based on by I suspect that Cliff modeled one of their actual amps.
So it could possibly be based on one of Metallica's very own Mesa Boogie MKII C++ amps.
It could also be a tweaked version of the other C+ models as requested by Metallica.
And OMG it sounds so good.
You guys are going to love this.

I made a short video for you with some music and I also show the preset and IR's I used.
Lets keep this thread alive and chat about this awesome new amp!

Enjoy!

You can also listen to the track on my SoundCloud page:

Hi GuitarJon,

In relation to our discussion at the AXE FX FEST 2016 I made with the new MESA AMP a recording. Dropped it in SoundCloud, but it was DELETED due to copyright (it was too close to the orgininal song hahahaha) No just kidding: here is my version and very curioud how it sounds through your monitors.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/metallica-mkiic-enter-sandman-first-one.115791/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y7j9jnxxf7oong/metallica enter sandman-01.wav?dl=0

It's my first recording post on AXE forum and I realize it's containing some small mistakes, but for a first recording without rehearsel, one take, no mixing and fixing, leaving all mistakes, not 100% same sound. It's pretty damn close. Love this amp.

Routing:
Musicman Steve Morse Guitar -> AXE FX input -> XLR out to NI KOMPLETE 6 -> DAW Cubase 8 LE -> KRK 6SE monitors

Preset:
Amp, cab stereo, very little stereo delay, a little reverb (no tonematch or 100% eq-ing, just by ear)

So what you think?

PS2:
I realy realy wanted to see your presentation and I guess I really missed it as I am a real beginner on recording and also real new on AXE fx getting the correct sounds etc.. I have no High End CAB IR's, only Stock CAB's used.

There is a new firmware coming soon and it features a new amp from and for Metallica.

At this point it isn't clear what this amp model is based on by I suspect that Cliff modeled one of their actual amps.
So it could possibly be based on one of Metallica's very own Mesa Boogie MKII C++ amps.
It could also be a tweaked version of the other C+ models as requested by Metallica.

I made a short video for you with some music and I also show the preset and IR's I used.

Enjoy!

For some reason, I can't get

Enjoy!

For some reason, I can't get the gain to be like yours in the video unless I set the Saturation switch to "Ideal" and turn the input gain down to 5. I have everything set exactly like you do. Any idea why?

Can you post your preset?

PS, sounds amazing by the way!

I've bought a few cab packs but 13 is my go to. I upgraded and took the amp for a test drive yesterday and it's amazing. I have been going back and forth between the iic+, IV, and USA pre lead 2 yellow but I think I finally found my favorite.

Just to clarify:
We got a post from Chad, who is James's guitar tech stating that the new amp model isn't based on one of James's actual amps.

Luckily it still sounds very good! :)

@Arunas I used the same preset for bass as in this video:

This shows the settings and IR's I used.
For the Metallica demo I did take out some more mids though.
Just listen for honky areas in the 200 to 400 hz area but this also depends on the bass you use.
I used an Ibanez ATK 305 with elixir strings.
It sounds kinda like a fender or stingray.
Hope this helps!

I just spent ALL DAY working on a bass tone. It's so,etching I've never actually spent any time with but I figure it'll revolutionise my recordings once I get it right. I made some serious progress by first copying your video settings then heavily modified them to find something I think is at least half way there.
I then tried to think of the direction I wanted to go in and I kept coming back to Jason Newsteds bass tone like this video...

So thanks to your video I'm getting closer. Very helpful. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom