New video for the new METALLICA MKIIC++ amp model in Q3.03! YEAAHHH

Awesome video as always Jon!!! Everything sounds spot on!!

Could you share the bass patch, please!
I am using mostly Warwick basses and I've never was able to achieve tone like that on bass on my axe fx2 mark2.
Which bass you are using, pickups and which exact IR. All IR's that I tried - it all been muddying the sound..

Thanks
Arunas

awesome stuffs, looking fwd to this release

Awesome video as always Jon!!! Everything sounds spot on!!

Could you share the bass patch, please!
I am using mostly Warwick basses and I've never was able to achieve tone like that on bass on my axe fx2 mark2.
Which bass you are using, pickups and which exact IR. All IR's that I tried - it all been muddying the sound..

Thanks
Arunas

Check this out http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/seed-bass-preset-for-1-06-q-have-fun.108428/

Thanks Severed, I've tried all the Seed presets and all freebie bass cab IR's. Some of them are not bad though, but I was never really able to achieve really polished sound of the bass like say this one on GuitarJon's vid. I would like to know which exactly OH IR's were used so I could get them and try it for myself. Was it combined with DI? I hear a lot guys complaining about the muddy sound from Bass Cab IR's and don't use it at all..

Thanks Severed, I've tried all the Seed presets and all freebie bass cab IR's. Some of them are not bad though, but I was never really able to achieve really polished sound of the bass like say this one on GuitarJon's vid. I would like to know which exactly OH IR's were used so I could get them and try it for myself. Was it combined with DI? I hear a lot guys complaining about the muddy sound from Bass Cab IR's and don't use it at all..

@Arunas I used the same preset for bass as in this video:

This shows the settings and IR's I used.
For the Metallica demo I did take out some more mids though.
Just listen for honky areas in the 200 to 400 hz area but this also depends on the bass you use.
I used an Ibanez ATK 305 with elixir strings.
It sounds kinda like a fender or stingray.
Hope this helps!

@Arunas I used the same preset for bass as in this video:

This shows the settings and IR's I used.
For the Metallica demo I did take out some more mids though.
Just listen for honky areas in the 200 to 400 hz area but this also depends on the bass you use.
I used an Ibanez ATK 305 with elixir strings.
It sounds kinda like a fender or stingray.
Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot GuitarJon,
it helped me to figure it out the main thing of my frustration - Input trim due to my 18V powered Warwicks had to be trimmed a lot 0.150 in order not to get flubby sound ( I thought setting up the input on Axe input it was enough to have adjusted).. Now I am able to get pretty satisfiable results even with freebie IR's ;)

Thanks once again!

I just got some new monitor stands. fired the rig up and thought i'd see how Jon's youtube video clip sounds on something other than iPhone headphones
Holy hell. I mean it's phenomenal. top to bottom pro sound.

i have a question ,maybe dump but i have to ask , i try out those settings (exept i use USA IIC+ ) with my matrix gt1000 and a real marshall 4χ12(g12t-75) and my gtr with EMGs and the sound was far out from what i hear in the clip ,i mean ok i understand that you use an IR but isn't it supposed to be at least close enough ?
the sound i hear is pour from gain ..... not like the sound i hear in the clip

The cab could be about 50% of the tone, and the Marshall G12t-75 cab does not sound much like a Mesa cab with Brit V30's.
I've used a Mesa RK II into a Marshall 2x12 with the same cone's and it turned my Road King II more into a Marshall than a Mesa..
Very cool, but not if you want the typical Mesa sound. And the cab contruction itself does a lot in addition to the cone (V30, GB25 etc)

Back
Top Bottom