New video for the new METALLICA MKIIC++ amp model in Q3.03! YEAAHHH

Awesome videos guys. Keep them coming. I haven't used the Mesa amps yet since buying my Axe Fx and will have to try this new model when released.

PS... can you turn up the bass in the mix..:)

Holy hell!!
Sounds great in a mix.
Sounds like I got the right cab pack ;)
I think the production on garage inc is probably my favourite sound personally.
Ha Metallica sure has had a fair share of overly scooped guitar tones in history. I really like their current sound a lot but for me it's the self titled without a doubt. There's an interesting phase thing going on in that tone. I would place that album as one of the top 10 albums I can name. :)

Fookin A. Absolutely killer. Awesome tones GJ and ML. Everyday feels like Christmas around here. Color me stoked.

Any around about time frame for when the firmware will release ?
Is it normally a day or two or weeks after a beta release?

i have a question ,maybe dump but i have to ask , i try out those settings (exept i use USA IIC+ ) with my matrix gt1000 and a real marshall 4χ12(g12t-75) and my gtr with EMGs and the sound was far out from what i hear in the clip ,i mean ok i understand that you use an IR but isn't it supposed to be at least close enough ?
the sound i hear is pour from gain ..... not like the sound i hear in the clip

Last edited:
Yes folks, you read that right!
There is a new firmware coming soon and it features a new amp from and for Metallica.
It's the new USA IIC++ amp model.

At this point it isn't clear what this amp model is based on by I suspect that Cliff modeled one of their actual amps.
So it's based on one of Metallica's very own Mesa Boogie MKII C++ amps.
And OMG it sounds so good.
You guys are going to love this.

I made a short video for you with some music and I also show the preset and IR's I used.
Lets keep this thread alive and chat about this awesome new amp!

Enjoy!

Sounds great. Are you going to use this to make some more Metallica tone matches?

i have a question ,maybe dump but i have to ask , i try out those settings (exept i use USA IIC+ ) with my matrix gt1000 and a real marshall 4χ12(g12t-75) and my gtr with EMGs and the sound was far out from what i hear in the clip ,i mean ok i understand that you use an IR but isn't it supposed to be at least close enough ?
I don't think this is a dumb question at all but you have a very different set-up than I do so you can't expect it to sound the same.
I only tried a matrix once and I've never used my Axe FX over a real cabinet so maybe someone else could be of better help.
You probably just need to make your own preset from scratch.
Are you a beta tester too? The IIC++ sounds very different from the IIC+ that's already in the Axe FX.

Sounds great. Are you going to use this to make some more Metallica tone matches?
Maybe in the future. I'd love to do more but I can't make any promises.
I have a lot of stuff going on and things that I need to work on and on top of that I'm having problems with my hand and arm.
I'm going to need to get that sorted before I can spend hours playing guitar again... :(

Well from reading around it appears the C++ mod changes the eq section voicing and utilizes a boost to both the clean channel and dirty channel. So it would make sense that the standard C+ does not sound the same. Also the ir's being used in those clips are V30 ir's.

Maybe in the future. I'd love to do more but I can't make any promises.
I have a lot of stuff going on and things that I need to work on and on top of that I'm having problems with my hand and arm.
I'm going to need to get that sorted before I can spend hours playing guitar again... :(

I'm sorry hear that, hope your arm and hand recover soon. I've been trying to make my own tone matches but they always seem lacking compared to yours. Good luck on everything.

Back
Top Bottom