New video for the ATC-2 Active Tone Circuit using the Axe Fx II

harmaes

Inspired
Here is my demo of the ATC-2 Advanced Tone Circuit preamp from gitaarservice.nl that I use in both my black and white Pacifica guitars!

Using the Euro blue model on the Axe Fx II with the Messiah IR clean and with some moderate gain.

Great. I really like Yamaha guitars. Have a Pacifica 604 from 1994 and a SG1802GT from 2012...

How much for that white one, with pickups, preamp etc? :)

Is it a 510V ?

Edit: You said in the video that it was a 510V ... ;)

Great. I really like Yamaha guitars. Have a Pacifica 604 from 1994 and a SG1802GT from 2012...
How much for that white one, with pickups, preamp etc? :) Is it a 510V ?
Edit: You said in the video that it was a 510V ... ;)

Hahaha. Yeah it's a 510v. Formally it should be called a 520v (as they count 1 for singles and 10 for humbuckers).
The body had to be routed for the neck humbucker. Switching is with a 5-way (N series - N parallel - N+B series - B parallel - B series). Push/push for setting B and N to split and one for activating the preamp. Hope that helps.

Nice tones and playing, very Andy Timmons'ish sounding.

Cool! Andy's one of my favorite players. It's funny how close the sound of the split DiMarzio Transition neck humbucker comes to a genuine single coil.

Last edited:
Yamaha Pac511 and 510 are high value for the money imo.. Best low price we had in the store i use to work in.

Ooohhhhhhh that's nice. Great tones there. Particularly the cleans. The preamp adds a nice "breath" underneath the notes for sure. Cool piece of gear!

Ooohhhhhhh that's nice. Great tones there. Particularly the cleans. The preamp adds a nice "breath" underneath the notes for sure. Cool piece of gear!
Cool! Indeed, I love the preamp most on the cleans where it's most prominent. On lead it adds a little touch of drive.

Hi harmeas

great sound and great playing:)
I was just wondering, how does the bridge pick up sound when you split it? Does it come close to single coil sound too, or does it get too trebly and unbalanced ( low in volume)?

Those pup`s sounds very good, also in split mode. Had them in my Luke III..

Last edited:
Hi harmeas

great sound and great playing:)
I was just wondering, how does the bridge pick up sound when you split it? Does it come close to single coil sound too, or does it get too trebly and unbalanced ( low in volume)?

The bridge sounds very stratty in single coil too. Check http://wwww.youtube.com/HarMaMusic for some recent demos. The Rockett Tim Pierce OD has a lot of bridge split sounds. Let me know what you think!
BTW, I'm not using the preamp in pedal demos to have the direct/passive sound of the guitar because that's how most people use it.

Back
Top Bottom