New vid: Final Fantasy 7 battle theme cover. Back to my trusty Diezel VH-4 patch

kostein

Inspired
Hey guys, here's my latest video of craptastic covers :D I've played a lot of FF7 back in the day and naturally I've listened to the original infinite times. It's such an awesome piece of music and I always had a rough metal version in my mind so it was only a matter of time before I decided to take a shot at it.

It was challenging to try to get the mix right as I haven't ever worked with so many layers of guitars, I always prefer to keep it as simple as possible. You have your standard 2 rhythm tracks but during the chorus there are 5 additional ones all playing different things. It gets quite busy there. I gotta say though, I'm really happy how it came out and makes me think that I'd probably play a lot more FF7 if the original sounded more like this.

As for the recording, it's the usual deal... C7 & crappy bass of doom, AFX2 - used my Diezel VH-4 patch for the rhythms, couple of different ones for leads/harmonies and SD2 TMF for drums.

Hope you enjoy! :)

nice job, lots of people don't realize how much goes into these video game songs. I am a huge fan of final fantasy series just as much from the music as the story and I've been playing them since the original Final Fantasy on the nintendo NES.

Kitty entrance for the win!! Also, I liked the end bit far more. Nice mix, of course. Your other guitars ova yonda may be gettin lonesum, beau.

Back
Top Bottom