New Van Halen Esquire interview

On the radio yesterday the announcer said he blamed his alcoholism on his father for having provided him a single shot of vodka to circumvent stage fright. If true, he'll be off the wagon again soon. At fifty it's time to stop blaming others for your faults.

well his son is on the straight and narrow, so hopefully he'll keep him in check. I thought the article was refreshing, nice to hear him with a clear head, and comeing out with truth about his gear and the twisting of the story over the years.

Thanks for the link, nice interview. Didn't really learn anything too surprising, but it's nice to hear that his son is an important reason behind the new album and tour. And he can definitely play.

On the radio yesterday the announcer said he blamed his alcoholism on his father for having provided him a single shot of vodka to circumvent stage fright. If true, he'll be off the wagon again soon. At fifty it's time to stop blaming others for your faults.

<semi-rant>
With no offense intended to Luke, I get annoyed by comments like this.

I expect artists (of any form) to entertain me, not to provide me with moral guidance or a life-plan.

EVH might be a really great human being or he might be a total a**hole, I just don't care. I want to hear him play guitar, not raise my kids for me.

</rant>

Back
Top Bottom