New user. WOW.

Hi. I just set up my Ax8 for the first time, about 6 hours ago. I’ve been playing my guitar since then without stopping. Wow.

I had been looking for ways to play and record silently because of my living situation. I used to have a Two Notes Torpedo Live which I used in conjunction with a few different decent tube amps. (Dual rec, 5150, DSL100, Dark Terror). It sounded good but one day I started fooling around with plugins like Amplitube and Bias and to my dismay, they actually sounded better to me than my amps - at least through my headphones. So that put me on the path towards going exclusively digital. I sold a bunch of amps and gear and was going to buy a kemper but then I thought maybe I’d just upgrade my computer and stick to plugins. I bought Amplitube 4 and the Mesa Boogie set and I was watching some YouTube videos looking into whether I should also buy ReValver, when I came across a sound comparison video between Amplitube and something called “Ax8,” which I’d never heard of. This Ax8 thing sounded amazing in the video- almost too good to be true. So I googled it and saw that it was a Fractal product and immediately thought “oh never mind I can’t afford that!” But this was a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that the Ax8 was on sale for $1k, and I pulled the trigger.

And holy cow, I literally can’t believe how good this thing sounds. I haven’t enjoyed playing- just for the sake of playing- like that since I could really blast my tube amps. This product is incredible.

I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but I just want to say that I get it now! Whoever says that Fractal sounds “fake” or “not as good as the real thing” or “not warm” is just plain wrong. /rant

Congrats! I’m from a similar background with the Torpedo Live and a few tube amp heads (which I still think sound amazing!)

But the AX8 is “right there” from a tone perspective. Plus it has more amps than I could ever own, has a ton of effects, and is WAY lighter, smaller and simpler to set up.

Waiting on mine being shipped also. Did you start on the first preset and run through them or go immediately to what you’re looking for? Which for me would be a plexi based tone.

welcome to the club!!the first day i get my AX8 i want happy with the sound is that was because i did the wrong connection to my audio card,i was very very upset with the sound,but i called a friend and he explained to me how to do the right connection to my audio card,after that i was in heaven:)

Waiting on mine being shipped also. Did you start on the first preset and run through them or go immediately to what you’re looking for? Which for me would be a plexi based tone.

There are so many flavors , you owe it to yourself to try them all. This thing should blow your socks off. Plenty of Plexi in this box. My fav as well.
Congrats on the purchase. You should work on those calluses while you wait. You're gonna need them.

The most amazing part of post 1 is that you had never heard of fractal! To me that's like you've never heard of ibanez. Anyway just fooling around. Welcome to the forum and it just keeps getting better so brace your self Effie

Quote from Mrs Doubtfire: Oh dear, Winston's idea of foreplay was "Effie, brace yourself"

The most amazing part of post 1 is that you had never heard of fractal! To me that's like you've never heard of ibanez. Anyway just fooling around. Welcome to the forum and it just keeps getting better so brace your self Effie

Quote from Mrs Doubtfire: Oh dear, Winston's idea of foreplay was "Effie, brace yourself"
I had heard of Fractal - I knew about Axe Fx - just hadn’t ever heard of the Ax8.

Back
Top Bottom