New User - Where's the AxeFX Patch Database?

favance

Power User
I'm a new Ultra Owner and have to migrate quite a few patches from the Vetta that I have use for live performance.

As a software developer (I develop Web Portal Apps), I have no problem creating my own patches...However, I was hoping to cope a few patches from fellow owners and benefit from other expert experience. It's kind of frustruating searching through the forums to glean patches.

Is there no Patch Database for the AFX? I saw at one time there was a Web DB? Is someone still working on this?

As a .NET Web/Portal Database Developer, I can offer help if needed. Please let me know if there's something in the works.

thanks!
Alan

You have to (a) download and install the Axe-Edit application from the Fractal Audio support page, and then (b) look in the Editor section of the forum to learn how to use Axe-Change.

Thanks, I've got Axe Edit setup...must have missed the Axe-Change piece. There's a lot to the AFX and related software!

the exchange can be found in the preset manager of axe edit. it is not the most intuitive piece of software (the developers are aware and working on it)
however; in the preset manager there is a tab on the right side work area...labeled as exchange or something - cant remember off the top of my head.
once on that tab, select source- you will be prompted to create/log in. do so.
scroll thru the banks of presets on there, bank "I" is the most recent. you can either download entire banks or single presets. for a single preset, right click>load. then right click again and select audition.

From the help file that pops up when you install Axe-Edit:

* To use Axe-Change:
1) Select the Axe-Change tab, and click source.
2) Enter a new or existing login, and click create/login (note: you only have to login once; your user and pass are saved (encrypted) in your settings file).
3) Select Load->Load all banks.
4) Drag and Drop assets to and from Axe-Change as you would any other tab.
5) Click Save->Save All Banks to upload your assets. Don't forget to add a decription!

... that last bullt, #5, confuses me a little (but the whol Axe-Edit thing confuses me more than a little, so...).

Thanks. I was able to get into it and audition/edit patches. I did not see any way to search patches/contributions. Did I miss something? It would be nice to be able to search by various parameters (song, artist, contributor, etc.)...Still it's a good resource to see how others build patches.

no, searching (as far as i know) is not available. I agree it would be a good feature.
I have not checked, but i am sure it is on the wish list.

Back
Top Bottom