Hello everybody. I am new on fractal audio world. I'm writing from Italy...
I have an youtube channel.
As you can understand i am a fan of The Edge sound . You can watch my videos on that link.
I know that the fractal fx is the best unit for get that sound,especially for delays and reverbs.
I want to buy ax AXE FX ULTRA, but i will need a midi controller (not too expensive) that show me the name patch. Can you suggest me anything about?
What about the AX8? Is a great unit or is better tha rack of AXE FX ULTRA?
Thank you so much!

Welcome aboard Roberto!

My advice is to consider the AX8, purely because it will have a newer firmware than the Ultra (the AX8 will be able to go to Quantum 9.04, whereas the Ultra stopped getting updates some time ago). The other advantage of the AX8 is you won't need to buy a foot controller, so you will have a lot of control over the whole unit and still get top class effects/amps.

If you are travelling a lot then you will find the AX8 is a lot easier to cart around, although if you already carry a rack with you on tour then this probably won't be an advantage.

Overall, the AX8 will have more sound for the money, however having said that the Ultra users are generally still very happy with their units so I don't think you will go wrong with either, it's just a matter of finding out what best fits your needs.

Thanks for the answer.
Of course i need to get a single unit under my feet as the ax8 and not to travel with a rack and then a midi controller.
Can you tell me from where i can get the ax8 and how much it cost? The amps and delay/reverb are the same of the other fractal products?
Some guys told me that they have a problem with the ax8 when they changed amps simulation. They noticed a big "hole" of sound in between...it was an immediately change.
is that it?

If you are purchasing from Italy, then your best supplier would be G66:
https://g66.eu/
They are very good, best customer service I have ever experienced (I'm in the UK and bought my Fractal gear through them).

The AX8 amps/effects are exactly the same as the rack mounted XL+. Note that a new rack version has just been released a month ago called the Axe FX III, which has even better improvements to the amps/effects - but having said that, a lot of big name bands/pros use the rack XL+ and the AX8 and they are very happy.

In terms of the hole of sound, it can happen with some presets but there are ways around it - there is an AX8 section in this forum and it would be a good idea to ask some questions over there.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/ax8-discussion.85/

I use an XL with very atmospheric presets, and this has never been an issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom