NEW USER- CAN I USE THE INPUT IN THE BACK OF THE FRACTAL?

I AM USING A RACK LINE 6 WIRELESS UNIT. INSTEAD OF RUNNING A CABLE FROM THE BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE RIG, CAN I RUN THIS THROUGH THE BACK OF THE FRACTAL OR WILL THAT EFFECT TONE OR SOMETHING WORSE?

Thank you.

Yup, I'm using the rear input for my wireless, works great, did a lot of A/B-ing to see if it really sounded worse than the front input and I couldn't hear any difference so I went with it.

+1 I run my wireless into the rear input. Works/sounds great. In the studio I use the front input but I've never a/b'd the front and rear.

Finally a definitive answer from the man himself. Thanks Cliff! I Use the front for home and studio and the rear for wireless too. Always had it in my mind that I was missing out somehow by using the rear input with my wireless. Yea, it's an ocd thing, but most of us musicians are that way. Now I actually feel 100% ok about using the rear input with my wireless. Your words mean a lot to us Cliff & Matt! Thanks again!

Its pretty easy to just run a cable around to the front, with a right angle jack so its flush. Don't "need" to per say, but its quite easy to do so. If you look at the Edge's latest rack, he has all four of his Axe units using the front input.

I have a Line 6 G55 in my rack, and its certainly just as easy to go into the rear, and truth be told, I heard no difference, but just run a cable around to the front for the heck of it. When I'm playing at home I just unplug that one and use a regular cable. Keeps things simple as otherwise I'd have to go in and change the input routing whenever I did that.

Again, if it was difficult to use the front input, maybe I wouldn't, but as it stands, its just as simple to patch from my wireless to the rear, as it is to patch from my wireless, under the Axe as there is a little gap between the unit and the bottom of my Gator rack, and then into the front input.

Thanks everyone. It's an old topic, but I just got myself II XL and looked for answers. To my ears, the inputs sound identical using wireless. Please be sure to match the input gain via I/O settings on front panel.

Back
Top Bottom