New USB driver for Windows

Thanks. Was about to check. Hope this will end the issues I and others have with failing sound from computer-apps.

Just installed new driver and now Axe-Edit won't connect. Anyone else having trouble here? Tried reinstalling the driver and Axe-Edit a number of times and still no luck. Will try reinstalling old driver.

Just installed new driver and now Axe-Edit won't connect. Anyone else having trouble here? Tried reinstalling the driver and Axe-Edit a number of times and still no luck. Will try reinstalling old driver.
I haven't had time to install it yet, but have you tried to reboot your computer?

Hmm, will wait to see what issues it was meant to fix before I install- theres no release note that I can find.

I had updated the FM3 driver to the latest a while ago, but hadn't noticed a new one for the III.

Updated today and I have no problem connecting to Axe-Edit.

Well, never change a running system.

I installed the new driver, rebooted like prompted and axe edit does not connect. Even after a re-installation of axe edit. What now? Can I download the old driver somewhere else? I dont have it anymore.

PS: Win 10 64bit, latest updates

Well, never change a running system.

I installed the new driver, rebooted like prompted and axe edit does not connect. Even after a re-installation of axe edit. What now? Can I download the old driver somewhere else? I dont have it anymore.

PS: Win 10 64bit, latest updates

It may not be relevant to your issue, but I've found that after updating drivers with other hardware (miniDSP, USB hubs, etc.) sometimes you need to just unplug it and try a different USB port on your PC for it to detect the hardware. I just ran into this the other day with my USB gaming mic... updated the driver, stopped working, moved it to a different USB port, working, moved it back to original port, working. No clue why that fixes it sometimes.

It may not be relevant to your issue, but I've found that after updating drivers with other hardware (miniDSP, USB hubs, etc.) sometimes you need to just unplug it and try a different USB port on your PC for it to detect the hardware. I just ran into this the other day with my USB gaming mic... updated the driver, stopped working, moved it to a different USB port, working, moved it back to original port, working. No clue why that fixes it sometimes.
Yes. Windows gave me a message to unplug my USB device and replug it in to complete the process.

Same here. Installed new drivers. Was instructed to reboot or reconnect.
After restart, was unable to connect AxeFX II to older Axe Edit (forgot which version,
but it did work before)..
Still works with AxeFX III and Axe Edit 1.06.11 though. Should have left it alone!
I'll reinstall the older driver and see what happens.

Same here. Installed new drivers. Was instructed to reboot or reconnect.
After restart, was unable to connect AxeFX II to older Axe Edit (forgot which version,
but it did work before)..
Still works with AxeFX III and Axe Edit 1.06.11 though. Should have left it alone!
I'll reinstall the older driver and see what happens.
Try moving it to a different port and back, like was mentioned above, if for no other reason than to know if that works.

I tried all the ports, no go. This is a backup laptop anyway.
My primary laptop seems to work ok. I just happened to have
the other one out last night to demonstrate the Axe II (of course).
Had to use front panel instead.

Back
Top Bottom