New Universal Audio Arrow Thunderbolt3 Audio Interface...

Having invested heavily in the UAD ecosystem as well as FAS, your interest in this is well warranted as far I’m concerned...my concern with the new UAD interface is it is a solo processor, and in my experience with the Earlier Apollo stuff, you’re gonna run out of DSP soon after your first couple or three of plugins in Console... but bus power and one less freaking USB C to whatever dongle in my iMac pro and MacBook Pro audio tangle is very tempting to integrate into a larger UAD based system...wish it had Spdif tho....
I know this request has come up often in various ways over the years and I bet it is one that Cliff has considered ...only patience will tell.

...my concern with the new UAD interface is it is a solo processor, and in my experience with the Earlier Apollo stuff, you’re gonna run out of DSP soon after your first couple or three of plugins in Console...

I can absolutely see this being a problem for UAD users, perhaps this is UA's attempt at something of a 'Gateway-drug' into their ecosystem :p

On the other hand, if FAS could deliver something like this with just Amp Block + Cab block in mind for example, I could see that being a winner.

Simple, affordable, authentic guitar recording that doesn't break the bank.

What are the advantages of the Arrow over older UAD interfaces?
Just reading specs seems nothing new.

What are the advantages of the Arrow over older UAD interfaces?
Just reading specs seems nothing new.

It's the 'grab-n-go' form factor and Bus power as Bradlake said above. The Thunderbolt3 will deliver a full +48v Phantom power to a Condenser mic, as opposed to +5v masquerading as +48v with USB. In this sense it is truly a portable bus powered recording solution.

Other than that, a relatively more accessible price is all else that's new it seems.

For field recording and small live;gigs, this could be very useful..(he said to himself trying to talk himself into a purchase he doesn’t need at all...)....

Absolutely perfect for that and probably the best at this price point. Granted it's completely stripped of functionality and I/O but its the premium quality that makes it stand out imo... You bought one yet?? :D

!! Thunderbolt 3 interface!
Are there any other Thunderbolt 3 interfaces for Windows? I'd tried a search recently, but came up empty, really cool to finally see one.

No , and I swear to ya, just now my Sweetwater sales rep called me and I didn’t answer cuz I knew it would end badly for my wallet..(edit)..Arrrrgh. Listened to the message, the Mastermind GT 16 back in stock....
Absolutely perfect for that and probably the best at this price point. Granted it's completely stripped of functionality and I/O but its the premium quality that makes it stand out imo... You bought one yet?? :D

Now that would be nice! I guess it depends how well these things integrate with each other, if at all?
They integrate in the same way as the other Apollo’s with the same limitations..(inability to share DSP between units in Console, only in DAW..etc) but you can’t mix the earlier FireWire or USB units with it.

Last edited:
I recently bought an Apollo Twin Solo and wish I had gone with the Duo because you do run out of space quickly. Looks like I'll buying a Satellite to compensate.

No , and I swear to ya, just now my Sweetwater sales rep called me and I didn’t answer cuz I knew it would end badly for my wallet..(edit)..Arrrrgh. Listened to the message, the Mastermind GT 16 back in stock....

Hahaha just delaying the inevitable man :D

So this came out the blue...

https://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces/arrow.html

I've been wishing for FAS to develop something on this front for a while now; Single Tigersharc processor, Guitar input, headphone output, Audio interface, amp modelling-- Under a grand--

Nowhere near as many Amp models to choose from at this point though.

What say ye @FractalAudio? Could (/would) Fractal do something like this?

TigerSHARCs have been discontinued.

I recently bought an Apollo Twin Solo and wish I had gone with the Duo because you do run out of space quickly. Looks like I'll buying a Satellite to compensate.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people say this same thing over the years, now including yourself and Bradlake.

Looks like a very expensive platform to fully utilize; I wishlist-shopping-carted myself a couple of their PCIe Octo-cards, Apollo (which came with free Quad satellite) and their entire plugin bundle.... came to nearly £10,000. I could cure so much other gas with that kind of money :eek:

Back
Top Bottom