New unit came today and within 10 minutes there are problems

I live in Argentina, contacted support to get my problem solved, they replied in less than 24 hours, we made a joint diagnose by interchanging several emails -I had to open the unit and take a look at a few things-, the issue was finally identified, I sent the unit to a know tech here, and a few days latter, I received the unit fully repaired and operational. In all, there was some kind of problem with the internal transformer.

I live in Argentina, contacted support to get my problem solved, they replied in less than 24 hours, we made a joint diagnose by interchanging several emails -I had to open the unit and take a look at a few things-, the issue was finally identified, I sent the unit to a know tech here, and a few days latter, I received the unit fully repaired and operational. In all, there was some kind of problem with the internal transformer.

I remember that thread. So it turned out to just be that power supply. As I recall cliff himself helped you to identify that issue.
Good to hear it was a simple replacement item and you were quickly using your axe fx II

Okay, here's the update: Marty from Fractal has been very helpful. Since Tour Supply sold the whole order out and had none to send me, Fractal sent me a prepaid UPS label and said as soon as they receive mine, they'll send another out to me. I can't ask for more. I do understand that things happen. I think I was extra frustrated because I've been very cautious about making this move. I have lived in the big rig world for so long. There were quite a few post in the "bug" section and then when mine came in DOA, I was frustrated. Thanks for everyone's help and support.

Okay, here's the update: Marty from Fractal has been very helpful. Since Tour Supply sold the whole order out and had none to send me, Fractal sent me a prepaid UPS label and said as soon as they receive mine, they'll send another out to me. I can't ask for more. I do understand that things happen. I think I was extra frustrated because I've been very cautious about making this move. I have lived in the big rig world for so long. There were quite a few post in the "bug" section and then when mine came in DOA, I was frustrated. Thanks for everyone's help and support.

All's well that ends well. :D

Okay, here's the update: Marty from Fractal has been very helpful. Since Tour Supply sold the whole order out and had none to send me, Fractal sent me a prepaid UPS label and said as soon as they receive mine, they'll send another out to me. I can't ask for more. (SNIP)

Wow! Sounds like they're being nice to some people about warranty repairs! ;) I just paid $50 to send mine back for repair on a part that fried in the MIDI phantom power circuit. I'm glad I kept my amps so I can gig for the next 2-3 weeks.

LOL. Me too. $64 for the power supply replace. I'm glad to pay it though, as I get a kick in the butt out out of my axe!

but seriously, Lady Gaga? Madonna? I thought musicians bought the Axe.

!0,000 for a camera lens, WOW .sry had a few beers ,what was the post about :D

Hehe, trust me - you can pay way more than that for a camera lens. The 1200mm is $100,000 2nd hand ( if you're lucky ;) )
And on topic for the post, sorry for your bad luck and wishing you get it fixed. It really is a great piece of equipment ( they both are, MFC-101 is built like a tank ! )

Yea, the fact that Gaga's guitarist and Madonna's guitarist bought them didn't do much for me, since I assume they play to tracks. Maybe they bought them for the tour bus. ;). I was surprised about the Stones though. Excited, hoping it means a tour, but my rep said he is constantly supplying the band with stuff. I'm sure its all up to Mick and Keith. I'm sending the unit out tomorrow since UPS doesn't ship from here on weekends. I look forward to getting it.

Yes apparently Mick has forgiven Keith for the reference to his 'tiny todger' in his autobiography :)

They are planning a 50th anniversary tour I believe - though Keith is maybe throwing a spanner in the works as he believes the anniversary should be from the year Charlie Watts joined.

It's rumoured that Bill Wyman has been approached to do the tour

All info gleaned from UK gutter press sources - so it might be nothing .... but I can't see them letting the 50th anniversary thing escape without a tour really

You're going to dig it! I'm glad this is working out for you. FAS is a model for what every small business and business person strives for: supply an outstanding product at an affordable price, and remain small enough to stay in touch with your market. I think the service is excellent, considering all the demands placed on these guys. They're engineers, after all, we're lucky to get any communication out of 'em! I don't think we'll get the same service if they become a big corporation.

Also, I'm sorry if my thoughtless comments about Madonna and Lady Gaga offended any band members. I forget there are a lot of pro players here, and just because I'm a jazz junkie, doesn't mean I know any better about music than anyone else. It is what you make of it, so if they like it, that's great! I wish I could have made money at it!

end of off topic stuff from me

Yea, the fact that Gaga's guitarist and Madonna's guitarist bought them didn't do much for me, since I assume they play to tracks. Maybe they bought them for the tour bus. ;). I was surprised about the Stones though. Excited, hoping it means a tour, but my rep said he is constantly supplying the band with stuff. I'm sure its all up to Mick and Keith. I'm sending the unit out tomorrow since UPS doesn't ship from here on weekends. I look forward to getting it.

Heh. A while ago, I took an ex's daughter to see NSYNC and was amazed when they announced Greg Howe was their guitarist that night. Quite an amazing guitarist to have backing a boy band.

Glad to know Fractal is taking care of you.

Surely a post which says " just got my axe and its faulty" would most likely come from a user with only a small number of posts as they are a new owner and user. Another observation.

Ever notice how these threads are almost always started by guys with 0, 1 or 2 posts....
Just an observation.
Can I see a photo of that screen?? What is the serial #?

Surely a post which says " just got my axe and its faulty" would most likely come from a user with only a small number of posts as they are a new owner and user. Another observation.

Would you care to add the weight of your wisdom to kerrlehr's post #31? Or did you not read that far? If you're going to beat up on the guy for jumping the gun, at least you could throw him a biscuit for recognizing he made a mistake and apologizing. (and why is this even pertinent at this juncture?)

In the meantime, those of us who actually care about the REAL content of this thread await the resolution to the problem. Perhaps you'll join us. ;)

Listen:

Yes, many of these 'complaint' threads ARE created by low post count folks. This DOES NOT seem to be the case here. Believe me, we are very sensitive to it, and kept an eye on this.

Enough negative speculation, the problem has been solved.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom