New unit came today and within 10 minutes there are problems

I've waited for a long time and sold much of my gear, to get an Axe FX2 and the MFC101. It came in today from Tour Supply. I skimmed the directions and decided to listen to each of the presets. It was fine for 10 minutes or so and I was up to #20 or so. Suddenly, instead of the preset name, the display started showing things like "#%€£¥25@&$". I turned the unit off and back on, still does it and now the screen is very very light. I tried holding recall and turning it off and on, tried upluggin it too. Does anyone have a clue. This was a very expensive piece of gear to have problems right out of the box.

Last edited:
The box is warrantied, and i can say your experience is extremely rare. Im sure fractal will make it right.

I agree problems are rare. My power supply went out and they fixed it quick. Very happy with my axe and FAS support. They will take care of you. Contact support and hang in there bro.

"expensive" things can be faulty too. support will take care of you no problem.

i've had a $10,000 camera lens that was faulty OMGZ WAY MORE SPENSIVE AXE DOESN"T COUNT N E MOAR!

:)

Reactions: jon
Ever notice how these threads are almost always started by guys with 0, 1 or 2 posts....
Just an observation.
Can I see a photo of that screen?? What is the serial #?

What does a post count have to do with the problem they are facing??? :|

I hope you get that fixed, mate. Call them, I'm SURE they'll help you out!

What does a post count have to do with the problem they are facing??? :|

I hope you get that fixed, mate. Call them, I'm SURE they'll help you out!

They will. But it is VERY common for low post guy (gal!) to come here to post a complaint, rather than talk to the people who will help them immediately. Sign of (understandable) frustration.

It happens. It will get fixed.

R

I apologize, I meant contact. :) And I do understand some people post to complain but like what chrisallen is saying, it could be that it was he really needed help and that problem happens to be his first few posts... :( I just don't like assuming things. Haha

Anywho, if this is real, I'm sure FAS will fix him right up, if not..... whatever :p

there is a function NOT to load the preset. Hold THE RECALL button when you power ON . It could be the preset that i corrupt.

AAEN

Last edited:
I think if you download the banks from the fractal website and use axe edit to place those presets again,that should solve the problem.
I hope all works out,hopefully it's just a minor glitch.

Back
Top Bottom