New Ultra User and Using Eleven Rack is interface into Pro Tools

Morsecode

Hello all, this is my first post and I am new to the Axe-Fx and frankly with the Eleven Rack and Pro Tools. But I have a few questions and I hope someone can help.

I purchased an Eleven Rack from Sweetwater in November 2018 for $200 when they were clearing them out. I knew at the time that it was a discontinued product and that are better more expensive options but I thought at the price I really couldn't go wrong. It was my first foray into modellers and so far it has served my needs well. I connected to through my G System into the Eleven Rack. I primarily use the G System for its post amp effects and for shifting patches using a midi cable. For audio, I have a set of iRig speakers which connected to the headphone jack or use headphones. This set up works well for me as my needs have been generally simple and I can maintain the sanity in my house and neighborhood by having sound level at reasonable levels.

I recently purchased Pro Tools for PC on Windows 10 as I wish to start using it for recording purposes in my home.

I also just purchased a used Axe-Fx Ultra and MFC for about $400. Again I know that they are discontinued and not the hot commodity but I am old and I recall when they were all the rave. I assume that they still sound pretty damn good, and it was a pretty great deal.

Here are my questions:

I have heard that there is a way to connect Ultra to the 11R using it as an interface? Is this possible and does anyone know how I should go about doing this?

Can I also use the MFC101 for my Ultra only, and leave the G-System as the switcher for the 11R for the times that I wish to use the 11R? Or should I just ditch this idea altogether and lose the G-System? Its effects work well with the 11R and I find an improvement over the 11R. I am just not sure if I will use the 11R as much more than an interface once I am using the Axe-Fx.

Anyways, thanks for your help in advance,

Rock on!

11R as interface: I have an 11R and personally I wouldn't use 11R as an interface, use a Scarlett 2i2 or Apogee Duet. You can use the line inputs on rear panel. You'll have to set the rig input to line input versus instrument or mic. See page 65 in 11R manual. I'm not sure but you might be able to use the S/PDIF input. I haven't played with that part of the 11R.

I would sell the 11rack and get a scarlett or a audient interface. You might be able to run from the ultra's output to the input in the back of the 11 rack as an interface. I really have no idea how the interface works for the 11rack, it may be only a dedicated interface for the unit itself. $400 bucks for an ultra and an mfc!? Wow that's a steal. craigslist I presume? I remember paying $2k for my ultra back in 2009. Yeah, they still sound great to this day.

Back
Top Bottom