new ultra owner here!

well really I guess it's "used". My back finally got the best of me and I decided to get rid of the mesa stiletto head and cabinets, foot pedal boards to favour an Ultra which I am running through a Mackie srm450 monitor (for me) and straight to FOH. I must say I fought it for awhile thinking how good can it get, it'll never beat tubes, blah blah blah. Wow I must say I am very impressed, thing sounds awesome! now I have to just figure out how to program the matching mfc 101 controller to get my favorite settings to a few switches. If anyone can give me a basic lesson for dummy that would be great. read the manual but still a little confused!

Welcome! :)

The quick guide that comes with the MFC should help, also for the Ultra:

Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

For the MFC:

Yeks MFC-101 How-Tos page - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

I would also download the Ax 2 user guide from the Fractal website..sometimes the problem is not in using the unit but understanding the terminology used.

At the back of the manual is a list of terms constantly used and the definition..it's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle at first, but get yourself an outline and things soon make more sense.

Last edited:
Congrats from New Zealand. My used Ultra is in transit after a successful ebay auction last week, now I don't feel so alone..........:D

I am very happy to see the enthusiasm and flow of Ultras and Standards going to new homes.

The naysayers can eat mud!

The Axe-Fx 2 is only making Fractal Audio Products better and more widespread.

I remember the negativity when Suhr introduced the Pro Series guitars. The sky was falling over at that forum too, but the result was that more guitars were sold and there were more happy Suhr guitar players in the world.

Axe-Fx is dead. Long live the Axe-Fx!

Back
Top Bottom