New triode modeling is great

Moltenmetalburn

Self-Admitted Software Thief
The new triode modeling was immediately apparent to me.

I'm not sure why I don't see this shouted everywhere but the axe just got better again, alot better.

I suspected this wouldn't be small. The cumulative improvement through each gain stage is extremely noticeable. Another leap forward.:encouragement:

There is warmth and smoothness,an almost purring that the axe didn't quite do before which is there in spades now.

It's huge. It's also subtle. It matters on what you do and how you do it that makes it apparent or not.

Didn't change any of my tones; but they feel 'richer' for lack of a better term. I also *highly* value the way the AFXII now handles extreme settings - the Plexi's are were I spend a lot of time and I like to dime them. They REALLY react to the volume knob on the guitar in a most musical way.

I scream from the rooftops all the time; but I've been doing it so long that people don't hear me as much. lol. ;)

It's huge. It's also subtle. It matters on what you do and how you do it that makes it apparent or not.

Didn't change any of my tones; but they feel 'richer' for lack of a better term. I also *highly* value the way the AFXII now handles extreme settings - the Plexi's are were I spend a lot of time and I like to dime them. They REALLY react to the volume knob on the guitar in a most musical way.

I scream from the rooftops all the time; but I've been doing it so long that people don't hear me as much. lol. ;)

They hear ya, now the are just saving their pennies. How can you ever complain about its tone. You can't.

I'm kinda digging on the Vibro King(vibrato-king) at the moment, it sounds wonderful loud.

Richer is an adjective I would use as well.

Still reeling over this, this change was HUGE and seemingly overlooked for the new amps and whatever other bells and whistles were added this time.

Its these subtle end stage refinements that will show huge performance leaps at this point IMO.

I am SUPER critical and finally feel hard pressed to identify audible sonic differences between the axe and real tubes. Was just ABing and couldnt guess correcty for the first time. :)

Back
Top Bottom