New TriAxis patch I have been messing with

VidarAus

Experienced
Hi all,

I have been building a new TriAxis LD2 Yellow patch of late, and it is starting to sound really good to me so thought I would share it (how good is Firmware 11.02? No words). Uses similar effects (but more of them) and routing to my previous TriAxis patches, but there is enough difference in settings overall to justify things. In particular I am using some new third-party cabs (new to me anyways) which in combination are sounding huge.

You can grab the patch here if you want to try it:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7637

You will see on AxeChange I am using an IR from Dr. Bonkers and another from OwnHammer. The patch uses Cab Block Slots 3 and 4 (forget slots 1 and 2, was using them for some comparisons).

I have mentioned somewhere on the forum how good the new OwnHammer IRs are sounding (I love the MODERN 1 mix from the Mesa OS 4x12). But can I just give a quick shout out to @dr bonkers . Where have you been all my Fractal life? Well that is unfair, I have always seen Dr. Bonkers getting around the place but never tried his IRs.

Boy am I glad I did. His Mesa OS 4x12 cost me like $9 on sale recently (even at full price his packs are so cheap it is crazy) and I didn't need to go any further than the first mix IR (DBS_MBgr-G_4x12_421_SM57_Re10) to find exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how he does it, but the IRs in that pack sound more raw and less 'hi'fi' for lack of a better explanation than a lot of others floating around. Really amazing stuff, thanks Dr B! At the moment, I could happily use this one IR and be in tonal paradise.

Some things to try:

• Mute Cab Block Slot 4 so you are just using the one IR from Dr. B. Sounds a little more forward, focused and a little tighter in the bottom end.
  • Play around with the Input EQ. The more I play with this, the more I love it. So, so powerful for tone shaping. Changing eq here has a different quality to doing it elsewhere in the signal chain and it sounds great. These days with Mesa amps I like to Low Cut at 300hz and then boost 1000hz by 3-5 db (gives it a bit more 'quack' when palm muting heavy sections).
  • Throw on the pitch shifter in the leads for a cool and subtle detuned sound.
  • Changing Plex Delay to Plex Shift has a cool effect.
  • Try the last Delay block for a different type of lead sound.
Anyways, hope it is useful or fun for someone.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have been building a new TriAxis LD2 Yellow patch of late, and it is starting to sound really good to me so thought I would share it (how good is Firmware 11.02? No words). Uses similar effects (but more of them) and routing to my previous TriAxis patches, but there is enough difference in settings overall to justify things. In particular I am using some new third-party cabs (new to me anyways) which in combination are sounding huge.

You can grab the patch here if you want to try it:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7637

You will see on AxeChange I am using an IR from Dr. Bonkers and another from OwnHammer. The patch uses Cab Block Slots 3 and 4 (forget slots 1 and 2, was using them for some comparisons).

I have mentioned somewhere on the forum how good the new OwnHammer IRs are sounding (I love the MODERN 1 mix from the Mesa OS 4x12). But can I just give a quick shout out to @dr bonkers . Where have you been all my Fractal life? Well that is unfair, I have always seen Dr. Bonkers getting around the place but never tried his IRs.

Boy am I glad I did. His Mesa OS 4x12 cost me like $9 on sale recently (even at full price his packs are so cheap it is crazy) and I didn't need to go any further than the first mix IR (DBS_MBgr-G_4x12_421_SM57_Re10) to find exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how he does it, but the IRs in that pack sound more raw and less 'hi'fi' for lack of a better explanation than a lot of others floating around. Really amazing stuff, thanks Dr B! At the moment, I could happily use this one IR and be in tonal paradise.

Some things to try:

• Mute Cab Block Slot 4 so you are just using the one IR from Dr. B. Sounds a little more forward, focused and a little tighter in the bottom end.
  • Play around with the Input EQ. The more I play with this, the more I love it. So, so powerful for tone shaping. Changing eq here has a different quality to doing it elsewhere in the signal chain and it sounds great. These days with Mesa amps I like to Low Cut at 300hz and then boost 1000hz by 3-5 db (gives it a bit more 'quack' when palm muting heavy sections).
  • Throw on the pitch shifter in the leads for a cool and subtle detuned sound.
  • Changing Plex Delay to Plex Shift has a cool effect.
  • Try the last Delay block for a different type of lead sound.
Anyways, hope it is useful or fun for someone.
So glad to hear this!

Back
Top Bottom