New to York Audio: quick question

sparkle

Inspired
So I bought a few packs…
Matchless
Evh
Blackjack
Bogna

Is it me or do they feel more “Alive” or more “guitar cab” through my CLR…

Also the different choices seem subtle …unlike the stock cabs and other irs…

Final question…. Do you prefer mixes or single mics?

York Audio is truly fantastic and IMHO one of the unbelievably short list of IR developers I trust 100% to never disappoint me.

It's cool having available options at my disposal and be able to do my own stuff if necessary....
But 98% of the time I think that if I need (not want but NEED) to go outside the supposedly carefully crafted and expertly selected mixes folder that most IR developers include to find a great tone I'm 100% totally happy with, I would be extremely unhappy and disappointed with the IR pack.

So I bought a few packs…
Matchless
Evh
Blackjack
Bogna

Is it me or do they feel more “Alive” or more “guitar cab” through my CLR…

Also the different choices seem subtle …unlike the stock cabs and other irs…

Final question…. Do you prefer mixes or single mics?
Thanks for your support in picking up those packs. I’d say 95% of YA users stick to the Mixes folder, so I would start there. Pick your cab, load Mix 01, and dial in your amp to sound good with that IR. Then, you can try other Mixes to see which ones have a tonal character you like and re-tweak your amp settings if necessary.

A lot of IRs can sound similar if they’re being auditioned with a clean tone, so I recommend auditioning IRs with a bit of overdrive to hear more of the character each IR has. That way, you’ll get great tones clean and dirty.

I hope this helps, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any help.

Have a great day!
-Justin York

Thanks for your support in picking up those packs. I’d say 95% of YA users stick to the Mixes folder, so I would start there. Pick your cab, load Mix 01, and dial in your amp to sound good with that IR. Then, you can try other Mixes to see which ones have a tonal character you like and re-tweak your amp settings if necessary.

A lot of IRs can sound similar if they’re being auditioned with a clean tone, so I recommend auditioning IRs with a bit of overdrive to hear more of the character each IR has. That way, you’ll get great tones clean and dirty.

I hope this helps, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any help.

Have a great day!
-Justin York
Thank you

Need some help please...
Do I understand it rigth that if I'm using a YA IR in a CAB block I need to:
  • set HICUT to 20k
  • set PROXIMITY to 0
  • set ROOM to 0
  • set AIR to 0
  • as I'm using Axe FX 2 so I set the mic to None

Need some help please...
Do I understand it rigth that if I'm using a YA IR in a CAB block I need to:
  • set HICUT to 20k
  • set PROXIMITY to 0
  • set ROOM to 0
  • set AIR to 0
  • as I'm using Axe FX 2 so I set the mic to None
Yes, if you want to keep the sound as close as possible to the real cabinet mic’d up in my studio. I would start there and tweak your amp to sound great with the IR “untouched” for the most natural results.

At the end of the day it’s your tone, so you can use any high cut, proximity, room, etc. you’d like if you’re happy with the end result.

Back
Top Bottom