New to the fractal family!

I've been dreaming about a fractal of somekind or another for years and finally took the plunge, I sold my tube amps and bought an AX8. I'm absolutely in love. I'm not 100% sure about live use yet, mainly because the local clubs and bars have crap sound guys if any at all, but I may just get a power amp.

The only negative I can think of is that I'm a compulsive and obsessive person, I received my ax8 in the mail 4 days ago after work than had two days off, I hadn left my house until this morning, haven't showered and I haven't really slept much. Obviously these are personal problems lol I keep getting sucked in and spend hours crafting tones, I'm completely overwhelmed but I love it. I still need to figure out reamping so that I can tweek without playing, unless there is another way?

Just thought I would post something since I'm new, thanks!

Just put the looper first in the chain and play a bunch of test rifs, ect. Then put the guitar down and tweek. You can change amps, cabs, effects, tweek settings to your hearts content.
Lol

Just put the looper first in the chain and play a bunch of test rifs, ect. Then put the guitar down and tweek. You can change amps, cabs, effects, tweek settings to your hearts content.
Lol
And raise looper level to +6dB (if you have mix at 50%) orherwise the signal will be weaker than without the looper block

Welcome FF!
Pauly

I've been dreaming about a fractal of somekind or another for years and finally took the plunge, I sold my tube amps and bought an AX8. I'm absolutely in love. I'm not 100% sure about live use yet, mainly because the local clubs and bars have crap sound guys if any at all, but I may just get a power amp.

The only negative I can think of is that I'm a compulsive and obsessive person, I received my ax8 in the mail 4 days ago after work than had two days off, I hadn left my house until this morning, haven't showered and I haven't really slept much. Obviously these are personal problems lol I keep getting sucked in and spend hours crafting tones, I'm completely overwhelmed but I love it. I still need to figure out reamping so that I can tweek without playing, unless there is another way?

Just thought I would post something since I'm new, thanks!

Best of luck! I'm only a few months into this digital experiment, but I have found that with enough research and patience I've been successfully dialing in a whole new amazing world. The live sound has taken more time to get right but I am really digging it now and so is my band. So good luck to you. I went FRFR, all in with both feet. BIG LEARNING CURVE. But it's paying off (and I am/was a huge tone snob, I can't even tell you how much I've spent on amps and boutique effects over the years.. almost stupid in hindsight).

Hullo and welcome.

You're aware of course that as a new owner and member you must follow the time honoured tradition and buy the rest of us a round of drink?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm getting much better at dialing in patches, I made around three good ones within n an hour today! I have been going back to old recordings and re recording all of the guitar parts, tedious but worth it. Next rounds on me ;)

Welcome to the clan! Do not fret, lack of sleep and hygiene are common occurrences with new arrivals!

The forum here is very helpful with many individuals that go above and beyond to lend a hand.

Also, don't forget to visit the Wiki HERE. It's a treasure trove of information and tirelessly updated by the forum saint YEK.

Welcome to the Fractal family! From the highest quality guitar equipment and support and one of the friendliest of helpful forums!

Back
Top Bottom