New to the Forum Asking for Tips (JMP1/VHT2150 questions)

Jake Modica

Hi everyone I wanted to ask some people that have been using the Axe FX Ultra for awhile on tips. I have had my Ultra since 2009 but haven't done any updates/computer editing yet! I have been using it for effects mostly and gotten a couple of good amp sounds as well, but I am now trying to commit and replace the Marshall JMP1 and ADA MP1 that I have been using and I'm hoping some on here might have some good tips.

I want to dial in a good power amp emulation as well, and I use an old VHT 2150 that I love. My main high gain sound is definitely alternating between Siamese Dream (Muff/JCM800) and Mellon Collie (JMP1/Strategy) Corgan stuff, mixed with some Fripp/Lifeson/Gilmour Hiwatt stuff. I also have a few patches going the opposite power amp direction and ape-ing the EL84 Edge AC30 stuff, and a little alternate of Secret Machines Laney GC30 stuff. I know those are kind of too extremes - 1 "High Headroom LOUD CLEAN Power Amp: and 2 "EL84 Top Boost Breakup Land". I've tried dialing the Sag controls way down to get more of the KT88 vibe. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ultimately my goal is to be able to use the 2150 sometimes, and have the option to go direct if I have to trim the rig down for some shows by going direct from Axe FX Ultra.

Also - anyone get closer to getting an EHX Micro Synth style sound? I'm thinking of maybe sidechaining a Phaser/Filter to the Synth. I have tried a lot of parameter twisting in the Synth section and I've come up with some different sounds, but not that close to the Micro Synth or a couple of other cheap synth guitar pedal sounds.

Thanks I will down begin my descent into old threads and hopefully find some cool stuff on here.

Start from scratch and build your own presets.

For running both amp/cab and direct, split the signal before the cab block, add a FX loop block there and run ouput 2 to the 2150, ouput 1 direct.

Don't use synths myself.

Try attaching a modifier to the synth attack parameter and set the modifier to envelope, that may help get you closer.

Back
Top Bottom