New (to me) FX8 owner

Lkdog

Power User
Just picked up a nice used MKII from a member here.
Been trying it out tonight with a MARK V Mesa in 4CM mode.

Still learning the basics.
Very impressed. Not going to bore you with a lot of detail, but this thing just really does what it is supposed to do.
Quiet, pretty straightforward, the effects are excellent of course ( I am long time AXE FX Ultra and II user).

I have to admit I was a little skeptical as the 4CM with the AXE FX II XL was good.
But this is a little better at what it does it seems.
Good piece of gear.

It's awesome. I use it with a Mark IVb. Ive had the unit for a little over a month. I first used regular cables, then someone mentioned best-tronics to me and I bit the bullet and bought the whole shabang with the humbusters, all in a loom, labels, and even the band logo on the shrink wrap on both ends of the loom. Excellent investment. I believe that the humbusters are mandatory. My rig wasn't overly noisy, but it's dead quiet now.

Only issue I have is with the unit locking up.....still trying to work that out....

The loom wasn't cheap, $170, but....
1) it's 30' long (of quality cable, maybe not MOGAMI, but really good otherwise)
2) 2 humbusters
3) 1 TRS to TRS Split for channel switching (relay 1)
4) TS cable for input
5) installed in loom
6) loom has shrinkwrapped ends WITH my band logo printed on it (nice little touch)
7) all cables are professionally labeled on both ends in clear shrinkwrap (durable, and I got to tell them what I wanted printed on the labels)

Overall, it was a great investment. The rig is SUPER quiet now. I have lots of electrical interference at home, that's not gone, but that has nothing to do with the cables. At gigs and rehearsal it's quiet.

Also, unrelated to your question, but an update to my original post #1, the problem I was having with the unit locking up is gone. I had to reflash the FW.

Back
Top Bottom