New to IRs

I’ve been a fractal user for about a year now but have yet to explore user cabs and IRs. To get started and correct me if I’m wrong I will need to buy cab lab and then buy different cab packs? Can anyone suggest a cab pack that I can get good rock/ metal tones from? Cheers Dale

ML Zilla is a great all around pack to start with. Has a lot of different speaker types and will do Rock & Metal.
Cab Lab you don’t need unless you want to do your own mixes of cabs and then save them as a single cab. So you could take up to 8 cabs and mix them how you want and save them as a single IR.
There’s also Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Vol 1 or Vol 2 you could look at for for Rock & Metal as well.

The easiest to use rock/metal cab pack I've come across and this is also used in my current preset is the Ownhammer players pack. I like the M75 speaker captures. Great for rock or classic metal. The way it's organized is very user friendly and imo perfect to get started. The cab is almost more influential to your tone then amp choice. Another thought is to determine what speaker type is your favorite in the factory cabs and then buy more of the same so you can try different mics and mixes.

Back
Top Bottom