New To Fractal Audio

I just ordered a Fractal Audio FX8 and I am really excited about it. I sold pedals from Strymon, CAE, and TC to buy this. I am not too much of a tinkerer and I hope the programming isn't too hard. I will gladly accept any information anyone has to offer. I will be playing the FX8 through a Diezel Einstein Combo and a Bogner Ecstasy. Looking forward to being blown away.

Welcome!

It's very easy to tinker with the fx8. You must read up on a lot of information here and watch a lot of videos before your pedal arrives. That's what i did. It's better to learn to tinker using the pedal. Because when i am on the road i don't have my computer.
You can watch videos by Chris@axefxtutorials and Ask for help from Sonofiam, yek, Chris@axefxtutorials and a lot more people. I am sure you will not regret buying your pedal.

Last edited:
Depending upon the Strymon and TC Electronic pedals you had, the FX8 may not be too much different to learn to use. It is fairly easy to get a handle on if you'll read the manual and just mess around with it. It's virtually impossible to absorb everything in the manual but simply knowing that I read something that addressed what I was trying to do or was stuck with helped a lot. I knew it was in there and just had to find.

A couple of things I did that helped tremendously was:
1. Reading and learning the flow of the manual
2. Learning what the parameters did and how they interacted with each other on the effects I used most.

If you'll take the time initially to get to know and understand how the FX8 works as well as what each parameter actually does, it will make for a more enjoyable experience.

Like mag1k said, it's vital to know how to program on the pedal itself but I primarily use FX8 Edit for creating, storing and organizing presets. Very intuitive and easy to use.

The community here is very knowledgeable/helpful, if you run into difficultly there are many here who can help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom