new to all things axe and have a question regarding effects bypass & modifiers

DTownSMR

Inspired
I've searched here and elsewhere on the net and found a number of write-ups regarding modifiers but can't exactly find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a non-global means of bypassing effects on a per patch basis. From what I've read prior to actually getting my axe-fx I assumed that modifiers were the way but I don't seem to see the little modifiers graphic [ ] for it. See it on individual parameters but not on the whole effect itself.

If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

What are you trying to do exactly? Modifiers let you control parameters in the axe. If you're just looking to turn effects on and off look in the midi control menu to see what the cc# is for the effect you want on/off.

What are you trying to do exactly?

In essence I'm trying to replicate stomp box style on/off but on a per patch basis not globally like what is provided on the I/O menu. I have 5 buttons on my MIDI controller and doing it globally is somewhat limiting what can be controlled.

There are some really good Axe FX tutorial videos on YouTube that walk you through all kinds of things you will eventually need to know about the Axe FXII.
Watching all the Axe FXII tutorial videos has helped me a great deal.

Also there is an Axe FXII Wiki that has info on just about anything you'll want to know.

Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki

You can create your own presets in your Axe FXII that have whatever effects you want turned on of off. If you want to easily turn effects on or off individually live you'll need some kind of a midi pedal like the MFC-101.

Back
Top Bottom