New testing top banner and new firmware.

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I never would have dreamed of buying a KPA but while waiting for new firmware and staring at the Testing top banner every day I got extremely bored and ordered a Kemper to go with my two AXE FXII's. I know its blasphemous and I haven't received it yet but It will hopefully be fun to try. My band is on hiatus and I am feeling uninspired to write or work on my technique so tweaking tones is all I want to do lately.

mifzv.jpg

Had the Kemper for two days and am not impressed. I don't run FRFR but I tried it through my PA and didn't care much for it. Ran it through my tube power amp and cabs and so far the AXE is the winner. Will likely send the KPA back. I love the AXE and wasn't looking at replacing it. just bored and trying something new but I gotta tell you Fractal rules!

Thanks Redd for trying it out and sharing your experiences, I like to hear un bias ones like yours, instead of the trolls who come here acting as if they can't get this tone or that from the Axe II but can from a Kemper, that imho is nuts as the Axe can get more tones than I could of ever hoped for say 8 years ago so yeah man thank you for sharing!!!

All I know is that we were using the 19.00b3 in the studio the last couple days and the Double Verb model was incredibly dynamic and sounded and felt exactly like the real amp. Now this was through $10,000 mid-field monitors with equally high end power amps, not consumer grade stuff with cheap Class-D power amps.

All I know is that we were using the 19.00b3 in the studio the last couple days and the Double Verb model was incredibly dynamic and sounded and felt exactly like the real amp. Now this was through $10,000 mid-field monitors with equally high end power amps, not consumer grade stuff with cheap Class-D power amps.
Whew, thats good, that is exactly my rig at home... Or did I dream it?

Some problems a firmware update can't fix.

$10,000 worth of gear to make the Axe-Fx sound and feel exactly like the real amp? If you buy the real amp, you'd save yourself roughly $8,500. Hmm.

But seriously, I'm extremely happy with how it sounds through my modest set up. :witless:

$10,000 worth of gear to make the Axe-Fx sound and feel exactly like the real amp? If you buy the real amp, you'd save yourself roughly $8,500. Hmm.

But seriously, I'm extremely happy with how it sounds through my modest set up. :witless:

...then again, that "save x dollars" amount would go down every time you changed patches in the Axe and found another amp model you liked.

Back
Top Bottom