New Superior Drummer SDX...LEGACY OF ROCK...Eddie Kramer..Bonzo ..Charlie..Mitch...!!!

Yeah they are already cheaper than toontrack. I get all my sdx's there. Even when the price is the same I reach out to my sales guy and he gives them to me for the discounted price.

What I clearly need to invest in is more drive space.

And also a faster music computer, not because of these SDXs, just in general, mine is o l d.

I drooled most of the spring on a Subsequent 37,
but I've ended up investing in Omnisphere with the Moog presets,
Amazing virtual synth & more!
Omnisphere is excellent indeed, with the added benefit of the co-creator of it being an active member on this forum..(hi @GlennO )..but I’ve been jonesing for a proper Moog for many decades ..now I have almost too many (with the IOS app, Omnisphere, the UA Luna MiniMoog which is amazing(when the app isn’t constantly crashing) , and a very nice sound Behringer model D..(and a Hydrasynth (!!))

I currently have EZ drummer 2; probs wont go for superior drummer 3 just yet but i may have a line on a good deal with Superior drummer 2.0. Will i gain much out of this? does it retain the same features as EZ2 but just more? I understand you can still load the same kits/midi patterns from EZ2 to SD2

I think sd2 and sd3 can load ez2 stuff. But sd2 can't load ez3 or sd3 stuff. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

That said, sd3 has a bunch of features you'll eventually want, if you can swing it. Thing is, the download, installation time, and disk space for either version of sd is kind of a big deal, so if you can do it, I'd skip 2.

I currently have EZ drummer 2; probs wont go for superior drummer 3 just yet but i may have a line on a good deal with Superior drummer 2.0. Will i gain much out of this? does it retain the same features as EZ2 but just more? I understand you can still load the same kits/midi patterns from EZ2 to SD2

Like Dave said,
+
SDll is "in between" without some features: from EZ2 and a lot from SD3

You will need to use the SDX sound expansions to take full advantage of SD2 or SD3
(if I remember well, EZ2 sound expansions are 16bit & SD2-SD3 24bit)

I think it really depends on what you want to achieve, EZ2 is always a great solution for songwriting or composition
it has a good overall sound too!

if you want / need more high quality raw samples for mixing, more options,
I would go directly to SD3

PS: concerning SDX Legacy of rock for example, you'll need SD3 3.2.0 (info from the Toontrack site)

Last edited:
Both Kramer and Hansa looks great, but I gotta agree, if I had to pick one I'd go Hansa. Actually can't do either one now, but that.

Both Kramer and Hansa looks great, but I gotta agree, if I had to pick one I'd go Hansa. Actually can't do either one now, but that.
It's such a great sounding pack.Extremely usable presets, and the overall sound of the drums sounds spectacular, but the rooms all sound fantastic.

They typically don't discount their latest generation stuff for BF I think. Def their best deals of the year though, whatever is offered.

Back
Top Bottom