New super lightweight wireless...

I bought a boss wl-50 last summer and my bassist at Christmas and we are intensely and happily using them !

I wonder if there is a similar device that can do stereo in this super small portable format?

I wonder if there is a similar device that can do stereo in this super small portable format?
There is one that does stereo but it’s very “consumer level” and doesn’t work too reliably. I have the first gen of it and it isn’t very good. Can’t remember the brand.

But apparently it’s just not something in demand or easy to make. Even IEM in stereo (signal going the opposite way) is pretty difficult, which is why they are relatively expensive. I would think by now, artists like Billy Sheehan and John Petrucci would have had enough pull to get someone to make a stereo guitar system as they have used dual outputs for so long now. But nope. 3 wireless packs - 2 for guitar, 1 for IEM. That’s a ton of batteries per show.

Darn just got 2 sets of the Sennheiser new wireless. It comes with belt clips and some cables which I like, but runs on 2.4gHz. Trying it tonight at the gig first time but at home it worked no problem.

I need 2 sets and a custom cable for the stereo output of my guitar. Not sure how I’d clip this Carvin system to my strap (then into the custom cable). Sennheiser battery life should be a bit longer too. Hmmmmm.

I gigged with the new Sennheiser system and it was flawless.

Even IEM in stereo (signal going the opposite way) is pretty difficult, which is why they are relatively expensive. ...But nope. 3 wireless packs - 2 for guitar, 1 for IEM. That’s a ton of batteries per show.

Actually IEM style, in a super compact format, is what I want. I would like to plug a small transmitter into a headphone amp or headphone output and use a small receiver pack for a portable set of headphones/earbuds. Without going dedicated wireless headphones.

I gotta tell ya ,at first use, that these Carvins are easily the best wireless solution I have tried for the money....at least at home in my already RF-infested studio, I am getting the cleanest, most dead silent wireless signal into My III and Kemper both with zero dropout in a small area, Have not yet tested range, butI think this is a real winner, it even seems to have resolved some computer noise problems Ive been having while playing.

I gotta tell ya ,at first use, that these Carvins are easily the best wireless solution I have tried for the money....at least at home in my already RF-infested studio, I am getting the cleanest, most dead silent wireless signal into My III and Kemper both with zero dropout in a small area, Have not yet tested range, butI think this is a real winner, it even seems to have resolved some computer noise problems Ive been having while playing.
You got yours...great! Did they send you tracking info or did it just show up? I ordered, but haven’t seen a thing.

With a guitar like a Les Paul, how do you get this style of transmitter to stay on? Tape?
And with a strat, does it just dangle off the body (and does it look obnoxious)?

With a guitar like a Les Paul, how do you get this style of transmitter to stay on? Tape?
And with a strat, does it just dangle off the body (and does it look obnoxious)?
It’s probably light enough to not fall at all.

Cool... I'm gonna take another chance.

Hopefully it's good and I'll sell my Xvive which is sitting unused.

Back
Top Bottom