New super lightweight wireless...

I've been wanting to try out an Xvive or the Boss but they're both 2.4G... this could be a good alternative.

Darn just got 2 sets of the Sennheiser new wireless. It comes with belt clips and some cables which I like, but runs on 2.4gHz. Trying it tonight at the gig first time but at home it worked no problem.

I need 2 sets and a custom cable for the stereo output of my guitar. Not sure how I’d clip this Carvin system to my strap (then into the custom cable). Sennheiser battery life should be a bit longer too. Hmmmmm.

Both of those were disappointing in my testing.....
So I've heard from a number of sources. Mostly regarding dropouts.

I have a Samson in my rack that's always worked great (I think it's old enough that it doesn't even use 2.4gHz ;-) but since I don't usually bring the rack any more I'm interested in something I can just plug directly into the AX8 w/out needing power, cables, etc.

Interested in how it works out too. The battery life might be an issue for me though? Typical gig runs 4+ hours.

Also, I thought that Carvin went out of business?

I really like the Line 6 G10 except for the USB thingy. I’ve now upgraded to the G10s and it works really well. I tried the Boss wl50 and had issues almost immediately. I also tried the Xvive and it was really flimsy to me.

So these are already shipping? I’m seeing that it’s preorder and ships 4/26-5/3. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing?

These look pretty cool!

I know it’s a bit off topic, but the Sennheiser worked perfectly last night. 2 at the same time side by side, pretty close. I was basically 4 feet from the receivers at all times, but still, no issues at all. Sliiiiight latency compared to a cable, but the line 6 g10 (first model) felt the same (but I lost a bunch of high end due to their cable tone emulation, not good for my acoustic, nonissue with that on the Sennheiser).

I would assume the Carvin running 5gHz would work just as well. But yeah 4 hours is pushing it a bit for battery life. My longest gigs are 3 hours with 2 breaks in there, but my guitar is used at least 30 minutes before for sound check.

I would hope the Carvin can be plugged into USB power and operate at the same time. Shouldn’t be a big deal for the receiver side. I did this with the Sennheiser last night no issue (plugged into the USB power in my rack with the Axe inputs.

For the transmitters, you could put in your pocket one of those USB power batteries usually used for phones and plug it in to charge it while playing. If needed.

Well I've had the WG-5 for about 24 hrs now and plugged it into a bunch of different rig's SS, digital, and tube and so far they've all been flawless. I'm talking about Fender, Mesa, THD, Carvin, Peavey (tube amps) Ethos, SD, Fractal, etc (SS & digital).
My favorite so far is WG-5 > Quilter Overdrive 200 > 1-15" cab loaded with an Eminence Commonwealth driver. The sound from this rather small combo is nothing short of HUGE, and that's WITHOUT efx. No sign of noise, latency, or any other unwanted artifacts that I can detect.
The one shortcoming I can foresee from this unit may in fact be battery life although I haven't hit that wall yet. Stay tuned.

Good to hear that you don't notice any latency, I noticed they didn't mention it in the specs. But 4 hrs is cutting it pretty close for an all night gig + soundcheck.

Back
Top Bottom