• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New super lightweight wireless...

RandyVanMartini

Veteran
Best answers
I got tracking info when they sent mine.
Thanks for the info.....when I ordered, one of the images said it ships 4/26-5/2, so yeah, they must have run out and waiting on more. Gee, where have I heard that before!;) Oh well, I guess I’ll get it when I get it!:)

unix-guy

Legend!
Best answers
Thanks for the info.....when I ordered, one of the images said it ships 4/26-5/2, so yeah, they must have run out and waiting on more. Gee, where have I heard that before!;) Oh well, I guess I’ll get it when I get it!:)
It also says "preorder" and has since the thread was posted (at least when I checked) and several have bought and received them...

t0aj15

Forum Addict
Best answers
I gotta tell ya ,at first use, that these Carvins are easily the best wireless solution I have tried for the money....at least at home in my already RF-infested studio, I am getting the cleanest, most dead silent wireless signal into My III and Kemper both with zero dropout in a small area, Have not yet tested range, butI think this is a real winner, it even seems to have resolved some computer noise problems Ive been having while playing.
Glad to hear your initial response is very much the same as mine was.

RandyVanMartini

Veteran
Best answers
And there you go;) I contacted Carvin since I was thinking something went wrong with my order, and they promptly pointed out that the item was for pre-order and would ship on 4/26 to 5/2 or sooner, like I already knew.;) Guess I was literally a day short of getting one of the earlier batch. At least I can quit worrying about it now:D

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
I ordered the Ammoon 5.8ghz one available on Amazon. So far so good. Less than 1/2 the price.

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
And there you go;) I contacted Carvin since I was thinking something went wrong with my order, and they promptly pointed out that the item was for pre-order and would ship on 4/26 to 5/2 or sooner, like I already knew.;) Guess I was literally a day short of getting one of the earlier batch. At least I can quit worrying about it now:D
Thanks for the update... I was gonna do the same thing.

fractalz

Veteran
Best answers
How many of you use separate antennas? Transmit and/or receive? Does it help significantly?

fractalz

Veteran
Best answers
This thread is about a specific wireless unit. There are no separate antennas...
Sorry, I thought it still had a traditional head-end like a half rack.

I’m trying to figure out what to do with multiple transmitters and receivers on the same stage.

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
Interesting. We have stage scrims setup in front of our rigs. Can anybody chime in if the scrims might interfere with the signal?

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
There is a new router in the sanctuary. But really, last evening, it was solid. For whatever reason, this past Sunday morning, it didn't connect. So, good ol' cable as a backup.

Was it close to a router?

If my Shure GLX is near a 2.4g router...forget about it.

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
Doesn't this run on a different frequency band than a router? That's troubling if it was causing interference because that's what seems to be the problem w/ the Boss and Xvive.

Top Bottom