New Stuff

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
Greetings to my fractal friends. I have finally had some time to retool my go-to presets and upload them to the Exchange. These presets are my current go-to bank. I put my clean amps on the left, rhythm amps in the middle and lead amps on the right. I put 2 scenes in each preset. Scene 1 = normal preset and scene 2 = lead. I make no secret that my main performance is P&W music. This bank of presets gives me everything I need to cover a wide range of music. Everything from intimate songs to full-on rockers. They are as follows:

Fsw 1 = Lonestar. Uses 2 user cabs which I also uploaded to the exchange. Uses a JBL in cab L and TAF Starfound in Cab R
Fsw 5 = 50w Plexi clean
Fsw 2 = Carr. Uses the JBL cab
Fsw 6 = VOX AC30tb Uses a user cab 2x12 Class A Tom's Mix Right (uploaded cab to exchange
Fsw 3 = 100w Plexi
Fsw 7 = 50w Plexi
Fsw 4 = Tucana
Fsw 8 = Dweezil's Bman

Enjoy.

@Akstrat . I have been refining my presets. I used to have 2 identical banks, one voiced for single coils and one voiced for the mighty humbuckers. I have been moving away from that approach and moving to 1 bank voiced (meaning eq'd) to use with both. I set up my bank as described above.

My AX8 is set for live use. I have an Axe FX for recording. I hate the pedal dance as it is a distraction from creating music. At this point my playing is very spontaneous. I listen to what the other musicians are doing and respond. Once in a preset, to stay organized my scenes are assigned to fsw 1 and 5 so I can easily toggle between them. Scene 1 is normal and scene 2 is the same amp in a Y state and is pushed harder for leads, fills, etc. Fsw 2 is assigned to a hard drive, and fsw 3 is assigned to a less aggressive drive (like a Timmy or Esoteric RCB). Fsw 4 is assigned to Filter. When the preset is called, the Filter is in bypass. When I engage it, it has a boost, usually about 3db. Fsw 6, 7, and 8 are assigned to chorus, delay, etc. By organizing my rig, I always know what is going to happen when I step on a given footswitch. I really don't like surprises. I have a lot of versatility in each preset, but if a given song requires preset changes on the fly, then I use sticky mode and toggle between presets.

As for guitars, my main go-to guitars are Suhr. I have a Suhr Modern with HH pickup configuration (SSV neck and SSH+ bridge). It is a great guitar and very versatile. I also use my Suhr Classic for the single coil vibe. Swamp ash body, roasted maple neck and loaded with the ML pickups. Both Suhr guitars are great gigging guitars. Lately, I have been using the Boden Prog I recently acquired. It has the Suhr SSV in the neck and the SSH+ in the bridge. It has a great tone and is very comfortable to play.

As noted in my OP, most of my public performances are in a P&W setting. I find that using the AX8 set up as I have it, I can get through any performances. For me, the AX8 is the perfect gigging tool. I am definitely in my happy place for live performances.

Last edited:
After enjoying your videos, I suspect you might prefer presets with more hair and bigger spheres (so to speak).;) That said, there might be something there you like.
I’m sure I’ll find something. What I play in Ozz and what I goof around with at home are two different things. I love good tone whether it’s country, blues, pop, rock or metal.

Last edited:
I’m sure I’ll find something. What I play in Ozz and what I goof around with at home are two different things. I love good tone whether it’s country, blues, pop, rock or metal.
In that case, perhaps my spheres are big enough. I hope you like the presets Bishop.

The JC ConFusion, is just so much fun. Excellent work @Geezerjohn I also mainly play in a P&W setting with lots of spontaneous playing and responding. AX8 is just so easy to use for anything being played.
Awesome! I am glad that you enjoy the preset. I like it too. Thanks for your kind words Luke. Dweezil's Bman is the bomb.

Thanks for the posting. They all sound quite good. I was struck by how "hot" they were, but I think that's because you generally had the master volumes on the amps turned up more than I have in the past. This may actually help the overall sound, so I'll have to consider that in the future when I make presets.

I normally use the OUT1 level control live to adjust volume on the fly, and I noticed there was still some pretty good volume even when that knob was turned mostly down. I'll have to adjust my CLR speaker to compensate.

Thanks for the posting. They all sound quite good. I was struck by how "hot" they were, but I think that's because you generally had the master volumes on the amps turned up more than I have in the past. This may actually help the overall sound, so I'll have to consider that in the future when I make presets.

I normally use the OUT1 level control live to adjust volume on the fly, and I noticed there was still some pretty good volume even when that knob was turned mostly down. I'll have to adjust my CLR speaker to compensate.
Glad you like them. Mrs. Geeze thinks I'm hot too.

Back
Top Bottom