New Steve Vai single out

Vai said he did use a Gretsch on the recording of Little Pretty...but obviously not in the video.

Looks like an AG75.

s-l300.jpg

Now around $400 used. Let's see how the price skyrockets soon :D

Now around $400 used. Let's see how the price skyrockets soon :D

I've been looking for a 7-string Artcore (AFJ957) forever...those things are friggin impossible to find :confused: I'd guess that 75 is probably going to be the 'touring' guitar for this song. That tour will be near me towards the end of February (hopefully), definitely plan on checking it out.

He’s a genius. The way he composes on the guitar is unmatched. Seen him many times live and he puts on a killer show. If anyone has yet to catch him live DO IT.
His tone live is most excellent!

After seeing him up close and personal several times at each of the last 2 Vai Academy camps (including jamming with him and his band both times), I have to say I really, really like the tones much better than the recorded ones.

I dug “Zeus In Chains” more than “Little Pretty”. It’s been years since I listened to a Vai record all the way through, but I’ll go see him every chance I get. I’ve got an EVO pass for the Ft Lauderdale show next month, which I completely forgot about until earlier this week since I booked it so long ago.

I’ll also listen to anything that guy says; the more philosophical stuff he gets into these days as opposed to just talking about his playing or music is certainly inspiring. I’ve fallen out of love with instrumental guitar music for the most part, so I find a lot more inspiration in his words than I do his music. Live, he’s just a beast. To be that physical while pulling off the stuff he pulls off is what initially blew my mind as a 14 year old at the ’96 G3 tour. I went for EJ but my jaw was on the floor during Vai’s set and when EJ and Satch took the stage throughout the night, I just kept thinking “I want to see Vai again!”

I dug “Zeus In Chains” more than “Little Pretty”. It’s been years since I listened to a Vai record all the way through, but I’ll go see him every chance I get. I’ve got an EVO pass for the Ft Lauderdale show next month, which I completely forgot about until earlier this week since I booked it so long ago.

I’ll also listen to anything that guy says; the more philosophical stuff he gets into these days as opposed to just talking about his playing or music is certainly inspiring. I’ve fallen out of love with instrumental guitar music for the most part, so I find a lot more inspiration in his words than I do his music. Live, he’s just a beast. To be that physical while pulling off the stuff he pulls off is what initially blew my mind as a 14 year old at the ’96 G3 tour. I went for EJ but my jaw was on the floor during Vai’s set and when EJ and Satch took the stage throughout the night, I just kept thinking “I want to see Vai again!”
I saw the first show of that (first) G3 tour in Concord CA.

I was a fan of all 3 but Vai was definitely the last of the 3 I was there for.

He and his band elevated what an instrumental rock performance could be. I was blown away!

The Vai Academy camps have given me the opportunity to listen to him wax philosophic many times.

He's very deep and very inspirational.

The Vai Academy camps have given me the opportunity to listen to him wax philosophic many times.

He's very deep and very inspirational.

Yes. Until someone asks a question about the feng shui of their rock garden and half the hour-long masterclass ends up being about placing pebbles. :expressionless:

My first concert was the G3 tour after that one, with Kenny Wayne Shepard, and seeing 'The Attitude Song' live with Mike Keneally playing all the harmony parts with a big goofy wizard hat on was absolutely the highlight of the show for me.

That tour will be near me towards the end of February (hopefully), definitely plan on checking it out.

Well, nevermind...tour is postponed til the fall :confused:

Apparently he's got another injury that requires surgery to fix...yikes! :grimacing:

Wonder if that will impact Vai Academy in August.

Back
Top Bottom