New Spectrasonics Omnisphere "Sonic Extensions"

Thanks. You wouldn't believe how long we worked on this :). I did much of the software part of it a while back, but it was still rather hectic up to the last minute. We're very happy with the results. The plan is to have a steady stream of Sonic Extensions come out over time.

Last edited:
For anybody who's interested, here's a video where Eric talks with the Sonic Extension sound designers about their work. For example, Seth talks about visiting JPL to use their massive sound system for Seismic Shock. This system is used at JPL to ensure that spacecraft can withstand the powerful sound waves that occur during liftoff. The photos Seth shares are pretty amazing.

World class sounds from this company. Just updated to Omnisphere version 2 and marvel at the sounds and UI.
New content from them has been long awaited and they always deliver.
They're like a Fractal for keys software company. Endless inspiration.

I picked up the Nylon Sky earlier today . The presets and scenes sound amazing played on keyboard Or sequenced..I am hoping to tweak it so it is properly responsive to MIDI guitar input, which it is clearly not designed for.

Glad you like it. Nylon Sky was a labor of love for Bob. He's a great guitarist and an Axe-FX owner.

I know you know this, but for anybody else who wants to use Omnisphere with a midi guitar, here's a tip: load the monophonic patch you want into part 1, then choose "Clone part 1" from the Utility menu. That will give you 6 identical parts arrayed across 6 different midi channels, one for each guitar string.

For anybody who's interested, here's a video where Eric talks with the Sonic Extension sound designers about their work. For example, Seth talks about visiting JPL to use their massive sound system for Seismic Shock. This system is used at JPL to ensure that spacecraft can withstand the powerful sound waves that occur during liftoff. The photos Seth shares are pretty amazing.

Those photos in the seismic shock section are WILD.

Listening to the demos, these sound incredible, very playable and showcase the morphing and back with scenes, simple to add new high quality fx's.

Wow! Love Omnisphere and the demos I've heard so far sound really great on this. I had to stop listening for now as it's just not in my budget, but definitely on my short list when I can afford to spend a little money.

Great stuff!

Thank you for the kind words.

By the way, if you want to see the coolest midi controller in history, check out this part of the interview video:

Omnishere on it's own is a great piece of software which I already have, but I can't justify buying the extensions...at least yet.

They do sound awesome though.

Back
Top Bottom