New (?) source of bass cab IRs

Threw together a quick lil jam to show how the IRs sit in a dense-ish mix, they fill the bottom end out really nicely and cut pretty well. The bass was a little more playful then i'd usually go to show the previous points off :) seriously if youre holding off on these just buy them, its 100% worth it

Wow! Very Buckethead like.

I am running my Axe-FX II XL+ thru a Matrix 1600 and a Ampeg SVT Heritage 810. So far, what I'm finding is that my bass tone sounds better using your Ampeg 810 IRs as opposed to running my Axe-FX with cab modeling turned off. Which confuses me. Any idea why this would be?

Are you saying that you prefer the sound of our IRs to your cab? If so, that's always our goal ;)

The reason for this is that when we capture an impulse of the speaker, we’re getting an ideal snapshot. Have you ever noticed that when you’re playing, certain notes will excite the room/speaker in a displeasing way? Our IRs don’t have this issue since they’re a perfect representation of how we want them to sound.

And because of this, the low end is more consistent/pleasing sounding than if you miked the cab.

Never, ever, leave this forum!!!

lol, thanks!

Pretty sure they'll work just peachy on the AX8. I don't see why not. I'll load them on there when I get back home early this coming week.

I'm really, really enjoying these IRs. I found a blend of two that I am just enjoying the hell out of, which is really saying a lot as up until these, I wrote off having a cab block in my presets. I'm going through and dialing them in again now. Of the set, the Aguilar is my favorite, but each one sounds good to my ears. From the cabs I'm familiar with, these are close to what I would expect if I was standing in front of the rig.

Thanks again @Dan Lopatka . I'm really hoping you continue with more bass IRs!

Using them for a few days now. Just playing & listening, no big deal. Really really enjoying them, playing mostly through Aguilar & Markbass. As of Ampeg tone, I've found cab pack #11 to have more of the raw Ampeg "spirit", being more powerful and boomy, though having limited spectrum. Anyway, this IR pack is a huge drop of water in a desert, thanks @Dan Lopatka!

Hello, just bought these IR's and I wonder what program you guys use to convert wav files to syx? Cablablite3? Should I leave the min phase and auto trim boxes unclicked? What min phase and autotrim actually do if used? Thx :)

I just used CabLabLite 3 to convert them. It couldn't be easier. I haven't read the manual even for it, I just left the options at default, so I'm not sure what those do. If I had to guess, auto-trim would be for samples that are too long in length (time wise).

Please correct me someone if I'm wrong, but my current understanding is that:
1. you don't need auto trim if IRS are prepared for Axe Fx, which is the case for most of commercial packs
2. you need min phase checked if you want to mix multiple IRs so you won't have phase problems with them

Please correct me someone if I'm wrong, but my current understanding is that:
1. you don't need auto trim if IRS are prepared for Axe Fx, which is the case for most of commercial packs
2. you need min phase checked if you want to mix multiple IRs so you won't have phase problems with them
I've always just used cab lab lite to plop em right on to my axe after auditioning. As far as phase I'm coming from doing it manually for years so I do the same in the axe with the delay time

Back
Top Bottom