New (?) source of bass cab IRs

I used a squier VM j bass with the duncan designed pups in it for comparison, any j bass is gonna put you in the ball park though

I'm still using the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass V 5-String that I got earlier this year per your recommendation haha. Which I love by the way.

Hey guys. My name is Dan Lopatka and I’m one of the co-founders of 3 Sigma Audio. First off I want to give a huge thank you for trying out our products. As a bassist myself I’m happy to see more of us moving toward IRs :)

Secondly I know @pima1234 mentioned wanting some EVM12L and SRO loaded cabs but are there any others you guys were interested in? We’re always open to suggestions for new IRs as we continue updating our collection.

Also I want to point out that if you’re shooting for metal/rock/aggressive sounds, you can absolutely use our guitar cabs for bass. What I do is split the dry signal at 200Hz, limit the track that’s beneath 200Hz so that it’s essentially a sine wave, and then send the track above 200Hz into a guitar amp sim and IR. This way, I’m able to raise the level without it sounding too boomy and retain clarity. You can hear the end result on a lesson I did for my YT: youtu.be/d7wqIIVFCS0

Thanks again guys. Please keep sharing the music you make with our products – we love hearing it :D

Thanks Dan,

I've bought the Ampeg and Aguila 8X10 IRs and I like them. It's be good to see some old JBL K110 and K140 IRs too. Also, rather than a 57, some large diaphragm neumanns (such as a 67) would be a very good addition.
Thanks again - it's always a pleasure to find something good for bass and the AxeFX.

Pauly

Hey guys. My name is Dan Lopatka and I’m one of the co-founders of 3 Sigma Audio. First off I want to give a huge thank you for trying out our products. As a bassist myself I’m happy to see more of us moving toward IRs :)

Secondly I know @pima1234 mentioned wanting some EVM12L and SRO loaded cabs but are there any others you guys were interested in? We’re always open to suggestions for new IRs as we continue updating our collection.

Also I want to point out that if you’re shooting for metal/rock/aggressive sounds, you can absolutely use our guitar cabs for bass. What I do is split the dry signal at 200Hz, limit the track that’s beneath 200Hz so that it’s essentially a sine wave, and then send the track above 200Hz into a guitar amp sim and IR. This way, I’m able to raise the level without it sounding too boomy and retain clarity. You can hear the end result on a lesson I did for my YT: youtu.be/d7wqIIVFCS0

Thanks again guys. Please keep sharing the music you make with our products – we love hearing it :D
Thank YOU guys for doing more than the typical ampeg fare, if I had to request a cab it'd be the acoustic 361/371 for vintage tones or anything orange. Happy to see bass tones are on your radar and you're taking an active role in reaching out :)

Hey there Dan, I purchased your Ampeg 810 cab pack last night and got a chance to check it out late this afternoon. I have to say that I am very impressed.
I am running my Axe-FX II XL+ thru a Matrix 1600 and a Ampeg SVT Heritage 810. So far, what I'm finding is that my bass tone sounds better using your Ampeg 810 IRs as opposed to running my Axe-FX with cab modeling turned off. Which confuses me. Any idea why this would be?

I am also going into a Darkglass Super Symetry and a B7K Ultra before the Axe-FX.

Thanks Dan for posting. And, welcome!

Golds are ones that are often requested, as well.

Back
Top Bottom