New song "In Memoriam" from my original band [Prog Metal]

Sebastian

Power User
Hi all,

yesterday I finished the mix of my band's fourth demo song.
It really is a "demo", meaning there's nothing more than what me and the band can reproduce
playing live. The Ultra's looper does help ;) So it's not as produced and layered as I'd go for on an EP or album.
It's up on our homepage __| The Brightest Fell |__ and on The Brightest Fell | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
But for convenience here's the soundcloud link:

Please have a listen and tell me what you think, (constructive) feedback is appreciated! :)
Cheers,

Sebastian

uhh... anybody?

I thought I could spawn a little interest without the usual (brand) name dropping.
It's Prog and it's Metal, but neither keyboards nor growls are involved - you don't risk anything by giving it a try ;)

Cool, Sebastian. Sounds good overall. My thoughts - the vocal somehow doesn't blend in with the rest of the music. It sounds like it is riding above everything else. Maybe some more compression on the vocal along with some brightening? Then you could set it down in further. The acoustic tone was cool. The kick and snare could maybe use a little fattening up.

I really like the music, the arrangement, and the guitar tones are good! Very Dream Theater/John Petrucci-ish. However, and this is just my opinion... I'm not digging the vocals, and I agree with jakel; the vocals don't seem to blend with the music. Again, just my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom